Gun Zone Deals

What caliber is your “Primary” EDC firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your primary .”Every day Carry” caliber?

• 45 acp

Votes: 20 21.3%
    • 40 sw

Votes: 5 5.3%
    • 9mm

Votes: 51 54.3%
    • 38 sp

Votes: 5 5.3%
    • 357 mag

Votes: 2 2.1%
    • 380 acp

Votes: 6 6.4%
    • 10 mm

Votes: 3 3.2%
    • Other

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    40s/w because the gun I wanted at the time (Shield, original) was in high demand, and the LGS called me with a .40 in stock that he'd sell at an aggressive price. It's the only thing I have chambered in the caliber. For an EDC, I know it'll punch a hole, and I know I can place the hole reasonably close to where I'm intending, so ...

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Best statistics I have seen suggest minimal differences between 380 and up in actual field results. I like to believe my Glock 30 has what it takes and in 20 years of use it goes boom every range trip--.45 there. But the extra 9mm rounds make the Glock 19 attractive too. The LCP-MAX is quite comforting for the small mass it is. And 11 or 13 .380 rounds has a charm. That puts me in the mix it up camp. There is no option for that in the poll. I rarely carry .357 as the rounds for total carry mass does feel like a good trade off.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    9mm. Didn’t choose the caliber so much as I chose the gun (WC EDC X9) and it’s only available in 9mm. While I prefer God’s caliber, I’ll take 15 or 18 rounds of 124gr GDHP +P or 147gr GDHP over 8x 230gr GDHP.

I originally intended to use my EDC for some action league shooting too, so there was a degree of economics involved but the league never materialized.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    9mm. Funny, I had a Shield in 40 and that's what pushed me to a 9. In a full size frame, it's no issue, but with the Shield, I had trouble hitting the 2nd shot on a double tap. 9 gets me ping ping 2 hits on steel each time. I figured 2 hits of 9 is better than one hit and a miss with .40.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    40s/w because the gun I wanted at the time (Shield, original) was in high demand, and the LGS called me with a .40 in stock that he'd sell at an aggressive price. It's the only thing I have chambered in the caliber. For an EDC, I know it'll punch a hole, and I know I can place the hole reasonably close to where I'm intending, so ...
    You didn't vote in the poll.

.40 here as well, G23 bought in the early 90s.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    puts me in the mix it up camp. There is no option for that in the poll. I rarely carry .357 as the rounds for total carry mass does feel like a good trade off.
    I assumed, like me, most people do carry various calibers,

But I also assumed that most people tend to carry one firearm/caliber more than the others, I know I tend to carry one gun more than my others.

This is the one that the poll was direct to.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    .440 roundball(patched)
    C49F1F58-EDC6-4AD4-AF25-8E94BAF8924F.jpeg

Top Bottom