Military Camp

What caliber is your “Primary” EDC firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your primary .”Every day Carry” caliber?

• 45 acp

Votes: 20 21.3%
    • 40 sw

Votes: 5 5.3%
    • 9mm

Votes: 51 54.3%
    • 38 sp

Votes: 5 5.3%
    • 357 mag

Votes: 2 2.1%
    • 380 acp

Votes: 6 6.4%
    • 10 mm

Votes: 3 3.2%
    • Other

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    357 because it’s the most practical option.

It’s the hottest caliber in the largest revolver (j-frame size) that I want to carry.

A revolver because I feel it is far more reliable. And I can shoot 38s through it cheaper at the range and easily collect all my spent brass to reload.

But in the summer when wearing less clothing I often carry my smaller 32 magnum, for similar reasons as above.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    357 because it’s the most practical option.

It’s the hottest caliber in the largest revolver (j-frame size) that I want to carry.

A revolver because I feel it is far more reliable. And I can shoot 38s through it cheaper at the range and easily collect all my spent brass to reload.

But in the summer when wearing less clothing I often carry my smaller 32 magnum, for similar reasons as above.

I must be your missing brother or something…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    .380 most often because of its small size/weight, and I have seen enough autopsy’s from .380, .38, 9mm, .357 to know they all make the same size entry hole, and anything under 2,000 fps is NOT making a temporary wound cavity.

Some people still think it’s 1984 and the 9mm can’t stop anyone, because the FBI got out gunned by some military veterans that knew better tactics. Sure, the FBI blamed the ammo and spends millions testing ammo. We now know that .380 ammo today passes the test, that the FBI thought only 10mm could in 1984.

Most Police Departments have a minimum requirement of .380 for a reason. Most days I feel comfortable with a .380 walking the dog, mowing the law , getting mail, grocery shopping, etc…

I have found many people don’t carry their larger, heavier pistols as often as they might want to.

Don’t get me wrong, I have .357’s and .45’s I carry, but majority of the time it’s a .380.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Most days I feel comfortable with a .380 walking the dog, mowing the law , getting mail, grocery shopping, etc…

Interesting thought, I was out mowing the grass today and was thinking if I should be armed when doing common chores like that. Other than a knife I'm not usually armed. Maybe I should get a small cheap pocket pistol for that duty, I live in a quiet area where nothing really happens yet you never know.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Interesting thought, I was out mowing the grass today and was thinking if I should be armed when doing common chores like that. Other than a knife I'm not usually armed. Maybe I should get a small cheap pocket pistol for that duty, I live in a quiet area where nothing really happens yet you never know.

My "yard gun" is a Taurus 856 with the first two chambers loaded with CCI #4 snakeshot. Not undergunned at all.....

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    .380 most often because of its small size/weight, and I have seen enough autopsy’s from .380, .38, 9mm, .357 to know they all make the same size entry hole, and anything under 2,000 fps is NOT making a temporary wound cavity.

Some people still think it’s 1984 and the 9mm can’t stop anyone, because the FBI got out gunned by some military veterans that knew better tactics. Sure, the FBI blamed the ammo and spends millions testing ammo. We now know that .380 ammo today passes the test, that the FBI thought only 10mm could in 1984.

Most Police Departments have a minimum requirement of .380 for a reason. Most days I feel comfortable with a .380 walking the dog, mowing the law , getting mail, grocery shopping, etc…

I have found many people don’t carry their larger, heavier pistols as often as they might want to.

Don’t get me wrong, I have .357’s and .45’s I carry, but majority of the time it’s a .380.
    <>

My ‘’mantra’’, especially for those new to CC, is this: ’’The « best » gun to carry is the one which will most likely BE THERE WHEN NEEDED!’’

A .380 in hand is a lot better than a .45 or .357 that stayed home in the safe.

I was one of the first Physicians to evaluate the two New Orleans Officers, each gut shot w/ a single .380 by a known BG’s little brother. Both Officers were severely injured and almost died.

leVieux

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX

You never know when a vicious dog, person mentally ill or high on drugs might decide to attack you.

As our society moves towards a 3 world status, there is more reason to be armed, even in your own garage or around your home/castle.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I agree with CavCop.

I mowed yesterday with my EDC in my right front packet in a pocket holster.

I do however, stuff a very light bandanna behind it to keep the dust out.

I've practiced pulling the bandanna out to see if it interfered with accessing my pistol...nope.

Hell, I don't go outside my gate to check the mail without being armed cuz ya jest nevah know...

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I agree with CavCop.

I mowed yesterday with my EDC in my right front packet in a pocket holster.

I do however, stuff a very light bandanna behind it to keep the dust out.

I've practiced pulling the bandanna out to see if it interfered with accessing my pistol...nope.

Hell, I don't go outside my gate to check the mail without being armed cuz ya jest nevah know...

Even standing in your doorway you can be shot…

Breaking news Gatesville TX.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You never know when a vicious dog, person mentally ill or high on drugs might decide to attack you.

As our society moves towards a 3 world status, there is more reason to be armed, even in your own garage or around your home/castle.
    <>
    During my years as an Emergency Physician in Texas, I learned this lesson over and over again !

People came in with injuries, but gave the most bizarre explanations.

leVieux

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    More often than not, a 40 S&W Shield. On long road trips I utilize a magnetic under dash mount to hold a high capacity 9mm. If its a shorts and golf shirt day, a 380 S&W Bodyguard.

jwales

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2020
    DFW
    Used to shoot 45acp, 40S&W, and 9mm.
    Sold all my 40's, kept one 45, the rest are 9's
    Simpler & cheaper.

Top Bottom