Guns International

What caliber of ammo are you seeing in the store these days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    Finally made it to Academy about 15 til open and still had about 10 people show up after me. By the time I made it to the front they had 6 small boxes of 223($20), about the same of 45 HP, and a couple boxes of 308. I left empty handed
    20201204_121435.jpg

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    I am fortunate enough that my brother & I have a good supply of everything we shoot, so we both reached the conclusion that we are not wasting our time hitting gun shops and gun shows for the next few months, as everywhere we have been is either out of stock or very high prices so we are taking a shopping sabbatical for now (at least until we start to suffer gun shop withdrawal and can't resist stopping in at one)

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Went to the BX at Dyess AFB the other day. Some .22 (LR and WMR), .32, and a few boxes of Hornady Critical Defense in several calibres for about 20 boxes total. They are already limiting sales to two boxes per calibre but that may change. They were getting cases of ammunition but now they are only getting a few boxes - at a time.

Further, they were out of shotguns, down to 4-5 rifles, and about half of the handguns they normally stock.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    saw 9mm nato $15 per 50 but couldn’t bring myself to buy more than a couple boxes

nato runs nicely in the pcc

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Stopped at Academy this afternoon. I knew that ammo would be in short supply, but I was curious. THey had about a case of 20 gauge, 5 boxes of .308 fusion, 22 mag and 17 hmr and two boxes of .35 remington.

miniion26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2020
    Highlands
    Got some 5.56 Winchester, 200 rds pack. Also scored a box of 9 mm Monarch. I was 5th in line at my local Academy yesterday morning.
    Also, just by pure, dumb luck there was a large pistol primers box. 1000 count. I grabbed it faster than a fat cobra biting a mouse.

Top Bottom