• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Prison is already a bad enough experience for people as it is, and I have had some friends of mine that have been to the slammer and they say it sucks,

I had one friend that went to the slammer because of he stole to feed a heroin addiction. You have SOME friends that went to the slammer... interesting.

and limiting the rights of prisoners as a whole also impacts your average joe because then politicians will see their citizens as prisoners of their own nation. (see cuba, vietnam, or north korea)

I don't get it...
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Prison should be about rehabilitation and punishment, but America is a country about RIGHTS and prisoners are filled with people, Americans should pride themselves on rights for everyone considering we have to bankroll everything in NATO and the UN (which we should stop doing tbh) but saying prisoners get more rights than the average citizen is disingenuous and narrowminded considering there are lots of bad prisons in the US (especially the for profit prisons) and prison in most cases is more of a political tool than it is a tool for the law. I dont see how that isnt hard to understand.
    Maybe you should read the 5th Amendment. When the law is followed according to due process of the law, then with due process we can now remove certain rights from those convicted in a court of those rights.

This part is really an important part of the 5th Amendment.

Like the Fourteenth Amendment, the Fifth Amendment includes a due process clause stating that no person shall "be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law." The Fifth Amendment's due process clause applies to the federal government, while the Fourteenth Amendment's due process clause applies to state governments.

IMO, prisons should be about punishment. If a person wants rehabilitation, that should be their responsibility, and not that of the penal system or society. But bleeding heart liberals want prisoners to be rehabilitated and to have rights and freedoms while incarcerated. Makes prison much more of pleasure fro when they make a return visit.

You want to argue that drugs should be legal, then let argue personal responsibility and accountability for people's actions and the consequences that come from those actions.

Please for our enlightenment, please show some sources that show examples of what you speak of, bad prisons, or prisons for profit, and that they are used as a political tool.

If you are going to make such comments and claims, then please prove those statements with facts and evidence.

If you can't, then you are simply stating an opinion that you think this is what is happening in our penal systems.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I had one friend that went to the slammer because of he stole to feed a heroin addiction. You have SOME friends that went to the slammer... interesting.

I don't get it...
    I don't have any friends that have been to prison. Life is about choices. Making the wrong life choices can sometimes lead to spending time in prison.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Maybe you should read the 5th Amendment. When the law is followed according to due process of the law, then with due process we can now remove certain rights from those convicted in a court of those rights.

IMO, prisons should be about punishment. If a person wants rehabilitation, that should be their responsibility, and not that of the penal system or society. But bleeding heart liberals want prisoners to be rehabilitated and to have rights and freedoms while incarcerated. Makes prison much more of pleasure fro when they make a return visit.

You want to argue that drugs should be legal, then let argue personal responsibility and accountability for people's actions and the consequences that come from those actions.

Please for our enlightenment, please show some sources that show examples of what you speak of, bad prisons, or prisons for profit, and that they are used as a political tool.

If you are going to make such comments and claims, then please prove those statements with facts and evidence.

If you can't, then you are simply stating an opinion that you think this is what is happening in our penal systems.

here are some examples of for profit prisons

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Rehabilitation is a case by case event...unfortunately the system isn’t set up to search for cases that are special. Once in the system it’s up to the individual to come back to the land of the living.

I have expressed this before and will again: if a person fixes their attitude and life, they should get their rights back. I tread carefully with this statement but a person in that scenario answers to God not us. One thing people forget is our rights were granted to us by God. I’m not wanting this to be a distraction in the conversation but stating a fact. Our rights were granted to us by our creator. Not a democrat or republican.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Rehabilitation is a case by case event...unfortunately the system isn’t set up to search for cases that are special. Once in the system it’s up to the individual to come back to the land of the living.

I have expressed this before and will again: if a person fixes their attitude and life, they should get their rights back. I tread carefully with this statement but a person in that scenario answers to God not us. One thing people forget is our rights were granted to us by God. I’m not wanting this to be a distraction in the conversation but stating a fact. Our rights were granted to us by our creator. Not a democrat or republican.
    amen brother.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    i didn't vote because both candidates sucked.
    That is a false dilemma and a logical falacy, but the fact you would tacitly support a left-wing candidate who is clearly anti-2a, by the ommision of support of the candidate who was simply not as pro-2a as most of us would is confusing to me .

When presented with the option of the lesser of two evils: to not support the lesser is tacit support of the greater.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    That is a false dilemma and a logical falacy, but the fact you would tacitly support a left-wing candidate who is clearly anti-2a, by the ommision of support of the candidate who was simply not as pro-2a as most of us would is confusing to me .

When presented with the option of the lesser of two evils: to not support the lesser is tacit support of the greater.

i dont support any politician, because they are all snakes, I didn't vote for trump the second time around because of the bumpstock shit, and I sure as hell aint voting for biden either, considering both candidates work for the same military industrial complex and getting mad at me about not voting because I found both candidates objectionable is silly dude, not voting is a choice people in this country can make.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    i dont support any politician, because they are all snakes, I didn't vote for trump the second time around because of the bumpstock shit, and I sure as hell aint voting for biden either, considering both candidates work for the same military industrial complex and getting mad at me about not voting because I found both candidates objectionable is silly dude, not voting is a choice people in this country can make.
    Yes, in a free country the citizens are and should be allowed to make poorly thought out decisions.

Not voting for someone who isn't good enough when the only other realistic option is antithetical opposition to our greatest right as free citizens is short sighted, ignorant and disappointing coming from someone who supposedly is pro-gun.

Nothing this side of heaven is perfect, we make the best choices from the options provided.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Yes, in a free country the citizens are and should be allowed to make poorly thought out decisions.

Not voting for someone who isn't good enough when the only other realistic option is antithetical opposition to our greatest right as free citizens is short sighted, ignorant and disappointing coming from someone who supposedly is pro-gun.

Nothing this side of heaven is perfect, we make the best choices from the options provided.

we have been choosing the lesser evil since friggin FDR, and clearly that hasn't been workin' pal.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

here are some examples of for profit prisons

I scanned over the articles and did a little checking, and nothing there proves the comments you made in the least.

The first article. Maybe you should look at the people that wrote the article. I pulled up their company website. A bunch of Democrat bleeding heart liberals!

And nothing I read, had any influence in changing my mind of what I already know and believe. If anything, pretty much points to what I already knew in the first place.

But nice try.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I scanned over the articles and did a little checking, and nothing there proves the comments you made in the least.

The first article. Maybe you should look at the people that wrote the article. I pulled up their company website. A bunch of Democrat bleeding heart liberals!

And nothing I read, had any influence in changing my mind of what I already know and believe. If anything, pretty much points to what I already knew in the first place.

But nice try.
    i didn't feel like posting 30 citations for some dude on the internet who also wouldn't post 30 citations for their own argument.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    i didn't feel like posting 30 citations for some dude on the internet who also wouldn't post 30 citations for their own argument.

Personally, what I have read of your replies on this thread, they conflict from almost post to post.

I don't think you have the first clue of what the subject matter really means. The more you post, the more confusing and incoherent your posts become.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Just out of curiosity, but were you around when FDR was president?

If not, then you don't have the first clue what people who voted for FDR or his opponent thought when they cast a vote.
    well gee remember the 1934 NFA or prohibition? there are entire books on the effects of prohibition and its consequences for the US, or for that prick Lyndon B Johnson dragging us into Vietnam, and don't get me started on Ronald Reagan with his Iran Contra bullshit and his gun control for California.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Personally, what I have read of your replies on this thread, they conflict from almost post to post.

I don't think you have the first clue of what the subject matter really means. The more you post, the more confusing and incoherent your posts become.
    care to cite your sources on that bud?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    well gee remember the 1934 NFA or prohibition? there are entire books on the effects of prohibition and its consequences for the US, or for that prick Lyndon B Johnson dragging us into Vietnam, and don't get me started on Ronald Reagan with his Iran Contra bullshit and his gun control for California.

So did you by chance vote for Johnson as well?

BTW, just how old are you? 12 at the most?

Top Bottom