• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dionysis

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It is in the rise and more and more novice gun owners are armed. Most gun owners only say what cannot be done to reduce gun violence. I say it is time we begin talking about what can be done to try to prevent these shootings. I am not talking about repealing 2A.

What are practical ideas that might save lives.

One idea I have is to try people for manslaughter if they failed to control access to their guns and someone in their household, or a guest got hold of one and shot someone, even accidentally. Especially if the shooter or shootee was a child. No excuse for that to happen in my book.
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    popcorn.jpeg

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    Violence is violence and does not rely on a firearm being present. Knife attacks, vehicular homicide, bombings, beatings and, recently, stoning are all involved. How do we reduce all violence should be the question? Gun violence is anti-gun narrative, imo. Violence was on the decline until there stopped being consequences. I saw recently a suspect in a Capital case in Dallas County was able to make bond. Makes no sense to me.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Always weird to me how some people only GAF about violence if it comes from the barrel of a gun. Why don't you care if, eg, women get raped at knife point, or someone gets beaten to death with a shovel or fists? I think such people are brainwashed by the media. Media doesn't hype anything but gun violence, so the average person gets brainwashed into thinking gun violence actually matters more than other sub-categories of violence.

I say we time travel back to before the Gulf War. Instead of spending decades of time and trillions of dollars bombing a bunch of cavemen in the Middle East, what if we spent trillions (and decades of time) researching the root causes of human violence?

We sure wouldn't have solved anything, but we wouldn't have thousands of dead American servicemen and women, wouldn't have new generations of Middle Eastern cavepeople grow up wanting to become suicide bombers against us, and maybe we'd have found out some useful stuff. Even if not, the money would have been spent here in the USA, not wasted in Dumbphukkistan.

One of many viable options, imho

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Always weird to me how some people only GAF about violence if it comes from the barrel of a gun. Why don't you care if, eg, women get raped at knife point, or someone gets beaten to death with a shovel or fists? I think such people are brainwashed by the media. Media doesn't hype anything but gun violence, so the average person gets brainwashed into thinking gun violence actually matters more than other sub-categories of violence.

I say we time travel back to before the Gulf War. Instead of spending decades of time and trillions of dollars bombing a bunch of cavemen in the Middle East, what if we spent trillions (and decades of time) researching the root causes of human violence?

We sure wouldn't have solved anything, but we wouldn't have thousands of dead American servicemen and women, wouldn't have new generations of Middle Eastern cavepeople grow up wanting to become suicide bombers against us, and maybe we'd have found out some useful stuff. Even if not, the money would have been spent here in the USA, not wasted in Dumbphukkistan.

One of many viable options, imho

You’d need to go back to a time before the Gulf War if you want any positive effect on what’s happening in the Middle East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It's already against the law to kill. The problem is we need criminal control, not let them back out on the streets with a $20 bond to go comit more crime. The leftist judges are to blame for not treating criminals like the criminals they are.

This. If a person commits a violent crime with a gun, no parole. If they murder someone, automatic death penalty.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    From the 10 Commandments to the death penalty for murder to cutting hands off for theft…laws simply can’t prevent all crime.

The best any law can do is deter some folks from committing crime…keep the honest folks honest.

The fact of the matter is, there is evil in this world and it ain’t going away.

There is no absolute safety, the closest we can get to that is a solitary prison cell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It is in the rise and more and more novice gun owners are armed. Most gun owners only say what cannot be done to reduce gun violence. I say it is time we begin talking about what can be done to try to prevent these shootings. I am not talking about repealing 2A.

What are practical ideas that might save lives.

One idea I have is to try people for manslaughter if they failed to control access to their guns and someone in their household, or a guest got hold of one and shot someone, even accidentally. Especially if the shooter or shootee was a child. No excuse for that to happen in my book.
    Gosh dang it. Oh boy...here I go:

I say abolish all laws related to firearms.

Establish laws that punish those who seek out to commit a crime, heavily.

The problem with laws that try to hold someone accountable for “allowing access” to a firearm is it’s a feel good law that takes the attention away from the criminal.

We need people control. Here’s ideas that would benefit society:

1, Make politicians pay based on the average income that is their voters.

2, If a politician is caught investing into special interests then they hang at noon.

2, if a politician votes for any law that contradicts our rights in anyway they hang at noon.

3, Now this is a bold one...please hear me out...drug dealers and users should be placed on a fish and game program that allows folks to buy tags for crackheads.

4, allow the death penalty for more crimes. Include the death penalty for some some traffic offenses.

5, round up all illegals and send them back.

6, use funds that get wasted on welfare to put people back into the work force by offering work training and certification so they can walk into job sites. If they fail a pee test for hard drugs only; death penalty.

Just following these would get our country cleaned up.

Last edited:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    First and absolutely foremost, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GUN VIOLENCE!! It doesn't exist. please, please, please stop using that made up term.

Second, education is the key to most things. Whether it be handling firearms safely, or welding two hunks of steel together, you need some sort of education for either. Eddie the Eagle, of the NRA, or our resident welding Instructor are good examples of both of those.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom