• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    First and absolutely foremost, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GUN VIOLENCE!! It doesn't exist. please, please, please stop using that made up term.

Second, education is the key to most things. Whether it be handling firearms safely, or welding two hunks of steel together, you need some sort of education for either.
    Exactly! You wouldn't give your child a car without some training on how to use it.

Dionysis

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    More laws aren’t the answer. There’s already over 20k gun related laws on the books.

Education is the best way.

I’m not convinced that “gun violence” is any worse now that any other time in history. We just have better (debatable) and faster access to nationwide news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for your thoughts. I agree most of what we can think about this is guesswork, because the data no is not collected everywhere in a consistent manner for statistical accuracy and study.

this is a problem to me and something we could change without altering gun rights.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    It is in the rise and more and more novice gun owners are armed. Most gun owners only say what cannot be done to reduce gun violence. I say it is time we begin talking about what can be done to try to prevent these shootings. I am not talking about repealing 2A.

What are practical ideas that might save lives.

One idea I have is to try people for manslaughter if they failed to control access to their guns and someone in their household, or a guest got hold of one and shot someone, even accidentally. Especially if the shooter or shootee was a child. No excuse for that to happen in my boo
    ...or stop treating criminals with kid gloves. Put the screws to them. Push hard time up to and including execution. Make the punishment so harsh that the crime isn’t worth it.

Dionysis

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    More laws aren’t the answer. There’s already over 20k gun related laws on the books.

Education is the best way.

I’m not convinced that “gun violence” is any worse now that any other time in history. We just have better (debatable) and faster access to nationwide news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Does it have to be getting worse? I think we have plenty of it. I have spoken with families who lost people. Every one of the matter. Imagine if it had been someone close to you, and there was a risk of more to follow. You would want to do something about it. I sure would.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    1. We have a PEOPLE problem not a "gun violence" problem. Until we fix our broken society/culture, no advances against violence of all kinds will be achievable.

2. We have a MEDIA problem. "Gun violence" is as overblown as is "systemic racism". We need to reclaim ownership of media away from big corporations. I really miss Rush.

3. We have a POLITICIAN problem. The attacks on gun ownership are a direct relation to political pressure put on politicians. This factor is a result of our educational system and the media creating a climate that says that gun owners are bad people and guns (objects) are evil. We need to reclaim the education system.

4. We have a mental health problem. Until a better mental health system is created, we will have spree killings, etc, as well as homeless violence.

5. Most importantly, we have a GANGSTA problem. As long as police are being defunded, and gang violence prevention units are being disbanded in Demorat controlled cities, and gangstas are given a slap on the wrist, that will remain the largest preponderance of ACTUAL gun violence between humans. This data is actually available from the FBI tables for 2019. Take suicide out of any "gun violence" stats. My right to off myself via whatever means I choose.

In closing, two recommendations:

A. Public punishment should be reinstated for all crime. Losing a hand, an eye, a pecker and balls, burning at the stake, stacking of rock slabs, or the old English method of repeated slow hanging followed by disembowelment and then draw and quarter.

B. Defeat all DemoRats. Problem solved right there... the rest will take care of itself.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Does it have to be getting worse? I think we have plenty of it. I have spoken with families who lost people. Every one of the matter. Imagine if it had been someone close to you, and there was a risk of more to follow. You would want to do something about it. I sure would.

Do I hear tiny violins???

Dionysis

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Communists are kind of like cicadas. They come in cycles.Te
    1. We have a PEOPLE problem not a "gun violence" problem. Until we fix our broken society/culture, no advances against violence of all kinds will be achievable.

2. We have a MEDIA problem. "Gun violence" is as overblown as is "systemic racism". We need to reclaim ownership of media away from big corporations. I really miss Rush.

3. We have a POLITICIAN problem. The attacks on gun ownership are a direct relation to political pressure put on politicians. This factor is a result of our educational system and the media creating a climate that says that gun owners are bad people and guns (objects) are evil. We need to reclaim the education system.

4. We have a mental health problem. Until a better mental health system is created, we will have spree killings, etc, as well as homeless violence.

5. Most importantly, we have a GANGSTA problem. As long as police are being defunded, and gang violence prevention units are being disbanded in Demorat controlled cities, and gangstas are given a slap on the wrist, that will remain the largest preponderance of ACTUAL gun violence between humans. This data is actually available from the FBI tables for 2019. Take suicide out of any "gun violence" stats. My right to off myself via whatever means I choose.

In closing, two recommendations:

A. Public punishment should be reinstated for all crime. Losing a hand, an eye, a pecker and balls, burning at the stake, stacking of rock slabs, or the old English method of repeated slow hanging followed by disembowelment and then draw and quarter.

B. Defeat all DemoRats. Problem solved right there... the rest will take care of itself.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I’ll read them soon when I have time.

Dionysis

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    In other words... you really don't care what anybody actually thinks... just here to "promote thought and conversation". LOL
    Your words, not my deeeds. You are attacking me because you don’t like my ideas. Chill out man. I have faith you can get your emotions under control.
    Communists are kind of like cicadas. They come in cycles.
    1. You must respect the fact that others are going to disagree.
    2. ABSOLUTELY NO NAME CALLING
    3. Remain Civil
    4. Have a Thick Skin

Dionysis

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    11 year old account with 60 posts is suddenly active today spewing multiple troll threads threads.
    Oh, I am real and will prove it to admins if they like. But only in a way I am comfortable with. There is a lot of hostility real fast in response to me. Listen to my words and reply with your thoughts please.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Oh, I am real and will prove it to admins if they like. But only in a way I am comfortable with. There is a lot of hostility real fast in response to me. Listen to my words and reply with your thoughts please.

Troll does not mean you are not a real person.

I am real person too but I do no go on anti-gun board and stir up shit.

Top Bottom