8BC7FA6D-42F0-4700-AE10-3556E2DDFA33.png
    Venture Surplus ad

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Yeah, I thought as much after reading the OP and the profile. And from Austin spouting tropes. After 4 pages I'm real sure of it.... I'm out.

1627493944882.png

Only the second person I have put on ignore here. Sigh.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Does it have to be getting worse? I think we have plenty of it. I have spoken with families who lost people. Every one of the matter. Imagine if it had been someone close to you, and there was a risk of more to follow. You would want to do something about it. I sure would.
    The question is, why is it getting worse? Is it that more guns are being produced? Is it because more people own guns? Or, is it because of the effort to push society to become more divisive?

What I see is that we (society) are being programmed to fear. And through fear we lose trust, and that can result in violence.

It doesn't really matter the object used to commit violence against others. In the past, in headlines, it was this person killed or murdered this person. In the article it may show how it was done, but the emphasis was on the person committing the crime, not the weapon. Today you read something like "Man killed in gun violence", emphasizing the weapon, not the person committing the violence.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Does it have to be getting worse? I think we have plenty of it. I have spoken with families who lost people. Every one of the matter. Imagine if it had been someone close to you, and there was a risk of more to follow. You would want to do something about it. I sure would.

If your solution would be more restriction on rights then my answer is no.

If your solution it to uphold the laws we already have, and make judicious use of the death penalty for violent crimes then yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It is in the rise and more and more novice gun owners are armed. Most gun owners only say what cannot be done to reduce gun violence. I say it is time we begin talking about what can be done to try to prevent these shootings. I am not talking about repealing 2A.

What are practical ideas that might save lives.

One idea I have is to try people for manslaughter if they failed to control access to their guns and someone in their household, or a guest got hold of one and shot someone, even accidentally. Especially if the shooter or shootee was a child. No excuse for that to happen in my book.
    You are a phucking troll.

Us gun owners aren't causing the gun violence.

Go autofornicate.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I prefer: “Go David Carradine yourself”.
    I have suggested suckstarting a 12 gage before but I simply abhor violence. Also dont want to get banned for such suggestions.

Self love not self destruction....man. peace.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thanks for your thoughts. I agree most of what we can think about this is guesswork, because the data no is not collected everywhere in a consistent manner for statistical accuracy and study.

this is a problem to me and something we could change without altering gun rights.

You’re not looking hard enough to find the data; it exists in easily digestible formats; I’ll save you from having to google.

Overall, males in the US commit murder with a firearm at a rate 6x what females do. A little over half are from one race, a little under half for another race, and about 3% from all other races combined.

Simply root cause analysis indicates if you eradicate all males from two races, you’ll have put a pretty significant dent in the problem.

Extreme problems call for extreme solutions.

Top Bottom