• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I don't want to piss off our well loved friend, but the issues aren't prison systems. Prisons are the last stop of the train. Everything funnels into them without paying for them.

No laws regarding criminal prosecution or sentencing should be made without money to properly deal with the adjudicated.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    As gun owners who want common sense gun violence reduction laws: Anyone who is convicted of using a firearm in any crime or being in possession of same is given death penalty. Execution within 30 days of conviction.
    If the family of the convicted owns any firearms, they too are given death penalty and given 60 days before execution. Any future relations are executed upon their 18th birthday.

Also bringing to the forefront - public executions of these people on all social media and televised news channels at 5:00 PM with mandatory viewing and verified passports proving the viewing required nationwide.

:batman:

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I'm cool with severe penalties for "use of firearm in the commission of" , but not so hot for statutory type offenses being offenses at all (even felon in possession etc), but soft wish-washy punishment does not provide any real deterrent to violation the law.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Exactly....and good point. I should have been more clear. Commission crimes only, not possession, etc. They will pare down when it's known that armed robbery or any other violent crime with a firearm is met with a stiff mandatory sentence not up for discussion based on who the perp voted/didn't vote for or what color they are. Deterrents like that work every. fucking. time.

But the opposite is happening now where DAs are not even prosecuting some gun crimes, yet want to take the guns of honest law abiding citizens. Hence what we've got now......worst I've seen in my lifetime.

Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Any laws that specifically point out guns is "gun control". Are you any more alive if you were killed with a rock?

Huh? How is locking up criminals and throwing away the key “gun control”? I guess it is if you consider taking away guns from criminals, but isn’t that kinda the whole point? Don’t believe I mentioned any restrictions on law abiding citizens?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Exactly....and good point. I should have been more clear. Commission crimes only, not possession, etc. They will pare down when it's known that armed robbery or any other violent crime with a firearm is met with a stiff mandatory sentence not up for discussion based on who the perp voted/didn't vote for or what color they are. Deterrents like that work every. fucking. time.

But the opposite is happening now where DAs are not even prosecuting some gun crimes, yet want to take the guns of honest law abiding citizens. Hence what we've got now......worst I've seen in my lifetime.
    This has been a failure for decades. They won't prosecute or use the laws they already have, so their answer to the problem, is to make more laws that that are not enforced.

This is why I believe that there are so many laws in this country.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Huh? How is locking up criminals and throwing away the key “gun control”? I guess it is if you consider taking away guns from criminals, but isn’t that kinda the whole point? Don’t believe I mentioned any restrictions on law abiding citizens?
    Let me ask you these questions then.

Should a felon once released from prison, be allowed to have his gun rights restored once he completes his prison sentence?

I'd like for you to show us exactly where in the 2nd Amendment that someone loses their gun rights forever, just because they committed a felony?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Actually I don't think there is a part of the Constitution that allows for the removal of the 2nd for felons.
    There isn't that I'm aware of in the 2nd Amendment.

But the 5th Amendment, and the 14th Amendment, do provide for the lost of rights with due process of the law.

But IMO, (I'm not a legal scholar by any stretch of the imagination.) once the sentence is completed, rights are suppose to be restored.

If I'm not mistaken, the gun rights of a felon were only written into law within the last hundred years or so. IMO, contrary to Constitutional rights.

PoliSciMan75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2020
    Irving
    More laws aren’t the answer. There’s already over 20k gun related laws on the books.

Education is the best way.

I’m not convinced that “gun violence” is any worse now that any other time in history. We just have better (debatable) and faster access to nationwide news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Especially the one-sided national news and its always shocked me that every time gun laws are being brought up a mass shooter situation seems to appear out of thin air and they try to convince the sheep it was the guns fault. Not so sure these aren’t 100% staged.

As an example of creating diversions the audit outfomes are set to start coming out around 20th August. . Get ready to hear zero about it unless you look it up yourself. Mike Lindell is dropping something Aug 10-12 and it was apparently compelling ebough Faux News refused to air it. Sounds like we are.ripe tor ATF to try to tell us braced pistol owners to pay 200.00 for a tax stamp to piss us off and divert our attention from audit results. Smh

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That was in the context of making laws based on the weapon used.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

Gun control laws are the true measure of insanity. They either won't, or can't enforce the ones they already have, so their answer is to pass more gun control laws.

So a person could arrive at the conclusion that legislators are insane and have totally lost their ever loving minds, when they propose a new, or more gun control laws.

Or, that gun control laws have nothing to do with public safety or deterring criminals from having guns, but about controlling the law abiding mass populace.

Ask yourself this question. When a gun control law is passed, who exactly benefits? It sure isn't the law abiding gun owner by any stretch of the imagination.

Another question. IF guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are eliminated or reduced, who benefits?

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    I dont know an easy way so i will just say it. They need to focus on who is committing the crimes instead of worrying about soft on crime policies in the name of racial justice. Until we do we will have this problem.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I dont know an easy way so i will just say it. They need to focus on who is committing the crimes instead of worrying about soft on crime policies in the name of racial justice. Until we do we will have this problem.
    Many of us have known that for decades. Gun control is about control of people that own guns. It has never been about crime or criminals.

Those who would attempt to disarm you for gun control, have not in the least, the desire to focus on those committing the crimes with guns.

If you believed this was about deterring criminals or reducing crime. then you swallowed their bait, hook line and sinker. That nonsense about crime by those that would want to disarm us, was used simply to pacify the masses, and lend a sense of false security to hide their real reasons. Hitler did as well to the Jews in Germany. That worked out real good for 6 to 10 million Jews and undesirables.

Top Bottom