• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2011
    Ponder
    I'm pretty new to the forum, but I really like how easy it is to navigate. I would deff use 10,000 to put on some shooting events around Texas.
    Guns International

brittani555

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Austin
    I want to start the discussion about what we can do and/or create going forward into 2012 for you guys and gals. We have some things in the pipeline that we are working on, but I want to gain some insight on what it is that you feel we should be working towards.

Here's some questions to get the ball rolling, and please be honest and on-topic. No "I'd give away guns to everyone" stuff.

1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)
    hmm host some local event with prizes and special donations with all the "big guns" and maybe rent someone famous to join in on some fire action :)
    2) If you could change one thing about TGT, what would it be and why?
    not familiar with this site.... give me some time, I am sure i can find something to complain about : >
    3) Do you feel that TGT has improved in the past year?
    not familiar here yet... will let you know in a year
    4) How do you feel about the look and appearance of the forum?
    nice, basic, simple : >
    5) Is there anything you feel that is missing from the forum?

hmm prompt to this thread again in about 3 months :)
    6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?
    so far so good

\.

Looking forward to checking out the women only section.... bummed the expertise of the genius men are not able to view and comment.... but this might entice me to have independence in the gun arena <<< i think i rely too much on hubby for gun knowledge.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Richardson
    1) If you had $10,000, what would you do with the forum to improve the experience for everyone? (Ignore Operating Costs)
    I was hoping a some sort of Rental agreement for guns, at local shooting ranges. Therefore Local Rages get more customers and TGT can use the rental money to keep maintain/service guns, Running events. (but it seems like a long shot)

2) If you could change one thing about TGT, what would it be and why?
    Maybe an easier and efficient way to navigate through thread pages. ( I sometimes click pg2 but end up in 3 or 4)

3) Do you feel that TGT has improved in the past year?
    yes, seem a little easier on the eyes and has a better streamline design.
    4) How do you feel about the look and appearance of the forum?
    It very easy on the eyes compared to bright background and flashy Ads websites. I would keep TGT as is.
    5) Is there anything you feel that is missing from the forum?

no everything seems here you just have to look for it.

6) How do you feel about the current level of moderation and mod / admin response?

its acceptable since too much moderation could drive people away. (being Texas maybe up in New york they wont care )

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I need to put in some
    11441-what-can-we-do-you-tgt-2012-2cents.gif
    for how I think TGT could be improved/made more enticing to visit. I'd like to ask that politics be brought back to the forums, and here's a suggestion about how it might be done.

On a forum I Admin we have an Off Topic section that, due to nude content allowed in it as well as political and religious discussions, that single forum requires a special sign-up by members in order to gain access. Not only have we rarely had a problem with political discussions going south in there since the members have been read the riot act before signing up, but the understanding by members that fights and flaming will not be tolerated "spills over" in a positive way into other forums like General Discussion where political threads pop up but members maintain all due control. What I propose is to bring back politics at TGT in a specific Politics Forum, require members to sign up to use that forum with the understanding that violation of the keep it civil rule will result in a two-day temp ban for the first egregious offense, a one week temp ban for a second offense, and a perma ban for the third offense. If someone is so stupid and/or has so little personal control that they can't discuss politics after agreeing to the special terms and sign up for the Politics Forum, then they deserve to be IP banned since they don't have the maturity to be a part of these forums.

Anyway, that's just a suggestion. It would be great if politics could come back to these forums. Thanks for listening.

Attachments

• 2cents.jpg
      2cents.jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 162
    Top Bottom