What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Moonpie, Aug 6, 2015.

1. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Jesus, I could load 10 223s with that much powder

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

2. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Ordered 9 more pounds of varget and am about to start brass prep on 250pcs for a match next weekend.

3. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There's about a dollars worth of powder in every round. Hoping to make 2700fps before any pressure signs creep in. 230gr got me 2575 so I'm not sure I'll make it.

Loading far over the lengths given in reloading data so I'm running about 100fps behind most available data for the same charge in similar barrel lengths.

Just starting to approach the recoil and muzzle blast levels of factory loaded Hornady. Probably take what I can get from 233gr if accuracy is sufficient. No intention of going past 235gr. (2gr over listed max at 2.45 COAL, mine are 2.75)

Sticky bolt is usually the first sign of pressure and I'll drop back from there.

4. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Well I picked up another trash bag full of shotgun hulls. I have these damn things coming out of every orifice...

I finally got every thing sorted out by caliber and type. I got a 4 pounder of red dot last week and picked up some primers and a bag of shot. Going to start loading some up this weekend.

If anyone needs any hulls let me know. If anyone is Interested in a cheap mec let me know. If anyone has a pet 12ga load let me know!

Last night I prepped the last of my 6.5jap brass and got it primed. Once I get a load dialed in I'll be set. I started on my batch of 223 brass and got most of them sized but still need to trim/ream/debur. I think I'm going to take them to my friend and run them through is wet tumbler after that. They just aren't getting that clean in my old dry media anymore. Maybe it's time to buy some more.

5. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've washed mine before.

Probably not worth the effort, I'm just very cheap.

6. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Me, too. I'm only rolling in pool guy money! But all the lonely house wives! ;-)

7. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Me too. Once and never again. Took hours to save $5.

8. fishingsetx

fishingsetx Well-Known

Feb 15, 2015
    Wet ss pin tumbling will get them cleaner than new. Best $60 I ever spent on case prep was on a harbor freight rock tumbler, a magnet and a 5lb bag of ss pins. Takes longer, but they sure get sparkling clean, even old dirty tarnished range brass.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

9. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    This is all old tarnished range brass. I ran it all through my dry media and it looks better but still dark. I've seen how his comes out when it's done.

10. avvidclif

avvidclif Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Go to the auto parts store and pick up a can of Dupont Chrome Polish. Put a couple of tablespoons in some gas to dilute it (it evaporates fast, I guess you could use alcohol, anything that evaporates fast) and sprinkle it on the hulls. Run them in the tumbler for a little bit to distribute it and load the brass.