Capitol Armory ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Check prices on Gunbroker before you do.

I'm locked in to an FFL. I won a gift card through them. I really want a 454 or 357 lever gun but they don't have any in stock.

I've considered reloading for this caliber.
    Maybe ill shoot it more!

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

A cursory glance looked like 2-3 bucks a pop... So ya. Reloading would be a must!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Maybe. Lots of people don't care about the money. If they wanted them badly enough they would pay $300 a primer. There are a lot of very rich people out there.
    More power to those who will pay those prices. Like i posted earlier, that can be has at decent prices. Using in stock notifications i snagged 5k SRP from midway for $250 with shipping and hazmat. A little expensive. I dont normally buy match primers but i do need them.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I sorted brass, 2 gallon bags of 45 ACP, 1 gallon and a quart of .308, 1 gallon of .223, a half gallon bag of 45 colt. I still have about 2.5 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket to sort through, mixed 45 ACP, .357 magnum,.38 Special, 40 S&W, 10 mm and 9 mm. I have some of the 45 ACP in my tumbler now. The tumbler is Thumler's Tumbler Ultra-Vibe 18, I first opened the box today, it has been sitting in the closet for several years!! I have meant to get started in reloading, but never did, so today I started the journey.

While I will not actually start loading the brass for lack of components, I will be cleaning and removing primers, in the hopes of finding components and in preparation for cooler weather. I must began somewhere.

REM1875

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2019
    Clay County TX
    I'm locked in to an FFL. I won a gift card through them. I really want a 454 or 357 lever gun but they don't have any in stock.
    A cursory glance looked like 2-3 bucks a pop... So ya. Reloading would be a must!

Have ya thought about a Henry 41 Mag or Henry 327 Federal Magnum ....... Ruger makes Bolt Actions in 357 and 44 mag, the M-77 series If you are interested ........

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I already load 357/38 and 454/45c. I've thought about 44mag because I load those, too, but I don't have as much of that laying around. 327 just doesnt do anything for me and I don't load 41mag.

REM1875

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2019
    Clay County TX
    I already load 357/38 and 454/45c. I've thought about 44mag because I load those, too, but I don't have as much of that laying around. 327 just doesnt do anything for me and I don't load 41mag.

The nice thing about 327 is that in my revolvers I can use 32 ACP, 32 S&W (short and long) 32 H&R MAG and 327 Federal Mag ......... Not sure how many of those will function in my lever gun but I have used 32 H&R Mag and 327........ 327 is a fire breathing monster out of most revolvers.
    I do like the 41 Mag but have become very partial to the 41 SPL - both of which function in my Henry.

But none of this BS does a damned bit of good for you ...... sorry. :(

Try contacting Henry ......... they do go out of their way to help find guns. They have a link on their page just for that. They
    got my wife her 223/5.56 Long Ranger that way with a serial number below 200 when they finally came out !!!

REM1875

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2019
    Clay County TX
    [QUOTE="rp-, post: 2159160, member: 6047"

[/QUOTE]

Damned near as bad as 9 mm now.......

REM1875

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2019
    Clay County TX
    Purchased a Hornady Lock-N-Load Quick Trickle Powder Trickler,

I got some Aluminum powder funnels cause I am sick and tire of dealing with static electricity !!!

No if only I can get a nice day to set up and some of this !!!

OHH yeah and the motivation to do that .....

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Yesterday, got sick of the lack of ammo anywhere.
    Bit the bullet (yes, pun intended), and ordered a Hornady Lock n Load Ammo Plant which should arrive within a week or so.
    Also ordered everything else I can think of that I need except primers, 'cause I can't find any small pistol primers anywhere.
    At least I'll be ready when I CAN find the primers.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Bit the bullet (yes, pun intended), and ordered a Hornady Lock n Load Ammo Plant which should arrive within a week or so.
    Also ordered everything else I can think of that I need except primers, 'cause I can't find any small pistol primers anywhere.
    If you were in Houston id sell you some.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

Good luck. They're as tough to find as ammo.

Midway isn't even stocking them like they used to which tells me that supply is drying up even further.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW

See if you can find some at Bass Pro Shops in Garland. They had some. Order online for in-store pickup. In the past I've ordered powder and primers online, then picked up in the store. They don't charge the hazmat fee if you pickup at a store.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    See if you can find some at Bass Pro Shops in Garland. They had some. Order online for in-store pickup. In the past I've ordered powder and primers online, then picked up in the store. They don't charge the hazmat fee if you pickup at a store.
    Thanks for the tip. I tried and they were sold out.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Tumbling brass, East TX style. Abt 5k 9mm in 50 lbs of walnut hulls. 12oz of Turtle Wax Chrome polish mixed with 32oz of denatured alcohol poured in the hulls before starting.
    IMG_3298 (Medium).jpeg

Top Bottom