Join TexasGunTalk

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Moonpie, Aug 6, 2015.

1. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Just a note, the feeding issue is not picking up the bullet. It picks up and chambers fine. But for some reason the bolt will not close all the way, so it won't fire. I feel certain it's a Mag problem.

2. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Standard AR mags? Steel or poly?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

3. robertc1024

robertc1024 Just the facts Ma'am. TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    A buddy of mine was moving and mailed me a bunch of .44 mag &.44 spl brass last week. I honored his gift by loading up 50 mid power & 50 warmish .44 mag loads. Good thing about those is they last a while. You shoot a few cylinders and you're usually good.

4. AKMike

AKMike TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    Houston
    Ordering an inline fab case ejector for my RC supreme. I process enough brass I think it's needed.

Attached Files:

5. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    A guy in the lee precision Facebook group was complaining about a pro1000 where the shell plate and threaded piece it connects to broke off the carrier. I told him if he wanted to get rid of it for spare parts I would take it. I think it'll be enough parts that I can build a second pro 1000. He emailed me too got and told me to just make a donation to a gun group (nra, saf, jpfo) and he would send me the press.

I won an auction for a $100 mystery press from one of the Facebook groups as well.

Cleaned the garage this weekend and I threw away about 200 hulls I didn't want but still have about 600 more, plus primers and shot.

Friday evening I started casting again since it's finally cool out again. Might go out tonight and casting more for the 380.

Currently working on a diy Chrono and a case prep center with scrap motors from work.

Going to order some wads tonight as well as a new auto-drum for doing the 223s on the pro1000. Might also buy another mold for 45.

6. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    You’re going to love it.

I added one to my Redding Big Boss, and it’s fantastic.

I will advise you to upgrade the velcro that holds the ejection ramp.

119d5e101e6e751665a20cf969e0afe3.jpg

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

AKMike likes this.
  7. AKMike

AKMike TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    Houston
    I thought I was getting a progressive press then the guy fell off the face of the earth lol.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  8. AKMike

AKMike TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    Houston
    Just ordered, did you just use a heavier duty Velcro?

9. rp-

rp- Well-Known

Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    This is a reputable guy I've done business with before. These guys do raffles a couple times a week. I previously won an 8# of varget, 5000 primers, 1000 wolf fmj bullets, 500 vmax, 500 match bullets, dies, another press, some brass. Also won an AR upper from them once. It's fun to play when I ha e a little extra cash laying around. Oh I also won a flame thrower from another group earlier this year! But in the end, who really NEEDS a fucking flamethrower?!? So, I traded it for an XDm 45.

AKMike likes this.
  10. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Arlington
    Yes.

I used the industrial strength velcro. It looks like a field of tiny mushrooms.

I also added it the full length of the ramp, so I can adjust it to my liking.

I talked to Dan about this (at Inline), he seemed receptive to the idea, and may have integrated it. He’s a really nice guy.

VELCRO Brand - Industrial Strength Extreme Outdoor | Heavy Duty, Superior Holding Power on Rough Surfaces | 5 Strips | 4in x 1in | Titanium https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YH1CCC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.Uq6BbK3C44JD

Other press enhancements I’ve added to this one:

9” riser mount
    Quick release head (I had the idea I would swap presses on this base)
    Roller handle
    LED Light
    Magnetic rounds counter
    Modified my primer catch can

I enjoy tinkering. I’ve added enhancements to my Dillon press as well.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

AKMike likes this.