Gun Zone Deals

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I’d seriously think about paying that for small pistol primers!

I am in the same boat.
    While I have about 14k in stock, they are mostly evenly divided amongst LR, SR, LP, SP. Since I need to start working on 9mm subsonic loads, my SP supply will suffer. More .458 SOCOM will eat into the LP supply. 300BO will consume SR. So I need to look at more to keep stock levels in place.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Worked with our god daughter's husband to walk him through reloading basics. She's not really our God daughter, but we've taken to calling her that: She came to live with us in her junior year of college, on her way to becoming a teacher (like my wife). My wife and I fell in love with her and think of her as our 3rd kid. Her hubby is a GREAT guy. Was a HS basketball coach, but got sick of the politics and parents, and now works in the wind turbine industry.

We loaded 80 9mm rounds with 115gr berry's plated bullets. We did 10 rounds each, starting with powder puff loads, and stepped up .2 gr every 10 rounds (min to max load)

Each group of 10 went into a ziploc with the load data on 1/2 of a primer sleeve in each.

He'll go to the range this week, fire each, and decide which load works best for his pistol...at which point he'll likely come back for more :)

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Hit the gunshow yesterday and laughed at $30/ 200 primer prices.

Yes, $0.15 per primer of every variety.

Glad I don't need any.

Guess they are still a good deal since 9mm ammo was $40/ 50 rounds.....
    Just saw someone offering .40 S&W $35 for 50 rounds and .380 ACP for .89 a round (FMJ).

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Set up a test load of 9mm Lehigh defense 90 gr bullets, 6.0, 6.2, and 6.4 gr True Blue. To take to the range and test. Damn, one of those makarov sneaked in and 1 primer wasted.

Anyone shoot these bullets?
    IMG_2579.JPG

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    No I haven't shot or loaded any, but they have my interest. Let us know how they do.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    I have made these for my .32 ACP and no problem shooting them. The issue of course is effectiveness in the real world self defense mode. I expect them to fire okay but have to base real world value on the youtube videos I have seen. They are what I keep in my KelTec P32 which because of its a .32 needs every bit of help it can get. They cycle without problem.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I have made these for my .32 ACP and no problem shooting them. The issue of course is effectiveness in the real world self defense mode. I expect them to fire okay but have to base real world value on the youtube videos I have seen. They are what I keep in my KelTec P32 which because of its a .32 needs every bit of help it can get. They cycle without problem.
    I pocket carry a Ruger LCP all day every day. It's loaded with sig v crown but I've considered these projectiles for the same reasons.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I pocket carry a Ruger LCP all day every day. It's loaded with sig v crown but I've considered these projectiles for the same reasons.

I watched a guy on youtube do an ammo test for 380. It looked like the Hornady XTP was the best balance of expanding and penetration. The actual hornady load wasn't quite there but the fiocchi and corbin loads were a little faster and worked better.

Lookup the guy. His youtube channel is shootingthebull410. Look in the playlists for 380 ammo quest. I don't remember if he's using an LCP or a kel-tek pistol for the test but very informative. After watching his videos I loaded XTPs for the wife's gun and switched my 9mm from XTPs to HSTs.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Set up a test load of 9mm Lehigh defense 90 gr bullets, 6.0, 6.2, and 6.4 gr True Blue. To take to the range and test. Damn, one of those makarov sneaked in and 1 primer wasted.

Anyone shoot these bullets? View attachment 234230
    Those bullets look quite similar to some (loaded ammo) I bought a case of earlier this year. Your post reminds me that I should snag some Makarov ammo, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    No I haven't shot or loaded any, but they have my interest. Let us know how they do.

They cycled my Glock 43 and a Taurus g2 with no problem at 6.0, 6.2 and 6.4 gr True Blue, which is what I used as the container was open. 6.6 takes it to plus P. I got slightly faster out of the Glock 43 for whatever reason. Average was 1140 at 6.4 gr. No signs of elevated pressure on the brass. The loading data is right off of the Lehigh site, not from me. I think I will load them at 6.4 gr. True Blue. That powder is like water. Very nice.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    Reamed some crimped primer pockets then chamfered and deburred 300blk brass. After reaming a few by hand with Lyman’s reaming tool I have decided that I need this guy
    1b88988195706f18bc4825042321a01c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I loaded 120 rounds of 460 mag. Sprinkled in between batches I was converting 25x 30.06 cases into 7.7jap cases using a Lee hand trimmer and a drill. It was a lot of cutting. Also cast about 150-200 more 45s. It's been a productive day I guess.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I loaded 120 rounds of 460 mag. Sprinkled in between batches I was converting 25x 30.06 cases into 7.7jap cases using a Lee hand trimmer and a drill. It was a lot of cutting. Also cast about 150-200 more 45s. It's been a productive day I guess.

More than I did. I had a 2lb coffee can of 45ACP cases that I soaked in vinegar for a while, rinsed then dried in oven. And I had 40 45 Cal Gold Dot Hollow Points that I loaded.

20201122_012030 (Medium).jpg

Top Bottom