Capitol Armory ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Had a bunch of .223 cases I needed to tumble, so I loaded them up, turned it on, and left it. Went back a couple hours later, and it wasn’t running. Guess I finally burned the damn thing out. Took it apart to see if I could get it running, but looks like the high quality Chinese components have served their purpose! Was gonna order a nicer one than the old dry media one I’ve been using, but it’s served me well, and I have extra parts for it as well, so I just ordered the same model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scattergun6

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2021
    San Antonio
    Tumbled, resized and primed, and reloaded 100 rounds of 9mm. 147 grain Blue Bullet truncated cone over 3.5 grains of TiteGroup, and some 115 grain FMJ over 4.5 grains of TiteGroup.

Attachments

• 9mm Blue .jpg
      9mm Blue .jpg
      192.3 KB · Views: 82

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Tumbled, resized and primed, and reloaded 100 rounds of 9mm. 147 grain Blue Bullet truncated cone over 3.5 grains of TiteGroup, and some 115 grain FMJ over 4.5 grains of TiteGroup.

This got me to thinking about my 9mm supply getting low, so I started to replenish it last night. Loaded (500) 115 grain FMJ’s and I’m gonna try and get 500 more loaded up tonight.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    SCORE! Got a lb of IMR4350 yesterday from a LGS. It was a 1lb limit, so I went this morning and grabbed another. Stopped by Academy on the way home, and of course they had a bunch of overpriced ammo on the shelves, but no reloading supplies really. Guy saw me looking and made a comment about buying ammo while they had it, so I made a smartass remark about the prices. He looked sad! I asked him if they ever get powder or primers, and he said they did, and proceeded to go to a safe behind the counter with several lb’s of powder! He said most of it was “sold” which can only mean the employees are hoarding it since you can’t order it online. He did let me buy a lb of H110, and said they had some 12 gauge powder too (Longshot) but I have 3 lbs so I turned it down. I don’t mind the employees getting a chance to buy it, but hiding ALL OF IT!!
    a70558efb95e4dd59b07a062a82cf1b1.jpg

Mark2Cars

Never ever give up !!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Sanderson Texas
    Set up my new RCBS Rebel press and went to size .223 brass to find out my new Lee die's
    shell holder will NOT work in this ram !!! Hopefully the seller will allow me to swap for a set of
    RCBS dies. I have never liked using one mfg's die and another's shell holder. Oh well just
    another wait !!!

wickll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2022
    Victoria, TX
    Shot some .223 reloads today. Tried doing a 10 round ladder test. Unfortunately, I used different primers so it probably skewed my speeds . Plus I got an error on one of the rounds on my chrony. But I did get pretty good results with the 70 grain speer Varmint bullets. Powder weight from 25.2 gr. to 27.0 gr. Had a split neck on one, so I will back down a little. Probably see what kind of group I get with 26.5 grains. (Powder - 748)

Also got a set of RGB Lee dies in 222. I tumbled some old brass and ran twenty rounds through the sizing die. Might try some 50 gr. V-max tomorrow.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Tried to test my 7-08 and the 450bm today but had troubles with time and space at the sight in range so I canceled both tests part way through. I did get the new scope on the 7-08 and got it on paper. I also determined that all of the 450bm loads seemed to be safe as i shot one of each and none showed pressure signs.

I did meet 2 work friends and shot the sporting clays course though using some reloads so it wasn't a complete waste of a range trip.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Got in some 140 grain (.264) ELD Match factory second bullets from Midway, so I loaded up 20 of them with the same charge of IMR4350, and at the same seating depth, as the 140 grain HPBT’s I usually shoot. They’ve been consistently getting me 1/4” MOA in my Savage precision 6.5 creedmoor, so I’m hoping to get similar results with these. If not, I’m gonna have to try to work up a new load.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Decapped ~ 150 223 cases and 100 9mm cases then pin tumbled, dried and separated them all.

Straight wall cases are media tumbled for an hour or two to prevent sticking in the dies.

Then I found ~200 40cal with a smattering of 10mm, all of which got decapped, pin tumbled, depinned then media tumbled and put away!

wickll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2022
    Victoria, TX
    Loaded up a few 222 using W 748 powder and 50 grain V-max bullets. Wanting to compare velocities and accuracy with some PMC 50 grain I just received yesterday.

Also loaded a few .223 with w 748 powder and 70 gr. speer soft points.

Reactions: MTA

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Other than at Academy, I am seeing powder more regularly.

Yeah I’m pretty set on powder, but I’m getting worried about primers. I haven’t seen a primer in stock anywhere in over a month. Just opened my last brick of large rifle.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Yeah I’m pretty set on powder, but I’m getting worried about primers. I haven’t seen a primer in stock anywhere in over a month. Just opened my last brick of large rifle.

Check american reloading. They have been getting sp and sr primers in occasionally. They aren't cheap though.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston

In stock alerts at Midway USA might help. I went thru and set them on every primer they offer. I've recieved several alerts in the last year. They are starting to stay on stock longer too.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom