Gun Zone Deals

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    My BIL took me across the street from the lake house and introduced me to a neighbor who shoots, iirc, 3BR and maybe 6BR. Maybe necked down 308s to 22 maybe?

He travels from Huntsville to LA to compete.

Two car garage, all his! Mill, lathe, of course presses and room! Lots of room!

He shoots with another guy out there who's married into the wife's family.

That as close to reloading as I've gotten.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Got some Barnes match bullets for my 6.5 creedmoor, 140 grain BTHP, and I went today to check some different seating depths. Started about.020 off the lands and worked all the way to .045. The first 4 groups (.020, .025, .030, & .035) all shot decent groups close to point of aim. When I got to .040 the groups shifted almost an inch from point of aim. The groups opened a bit too, but I’ve never seen an impact shift like that, especially from only a 5 thousandths difference, from .035 to .040. Brass from all the groups looked about the same, so I don’t think there were any pressure spikes, besides I’ve always heard the closer you get to jam, the more you have to worry about pressure, not the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You could be on the edge of the powder charge node and the seating depth change threw it off enough. I've only shot the 7mm version of the match burners and they were very forgiving in seating depth much like the old Sierra mk design.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Started decapping spp 45acp cases. They’re all Speer and so far(25 or so)all the primers fail to fully eject; they come out a little at a time. It’s almost like they are made in there.

When I get a hundred or so I’ll clean them up a bit and decide if this is a worthwhile project. It only need to be done once but at 3-4 minutes per case I don’t know.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Loaded some 6.5 cm 147 eld-m w/ 44.7 gr super performance to chrono my poor man’s OCW.

I loaded up some 308 168 smk’s with IMR 4064 w/ light crimp to try and clean up my ES from last outing. Going to use the same chg but with 168 ELD-M to compare. Now just to get to the range

wickll

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2022
    Victoria, TX
    I loaded up some 7x30 waters rounds using W748 and hornady 139 grain bullets last night. I didn't fully seat them because I need to decide on seating depth. Plan on doing that today.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Been neglecting my pistol “stash”, so I loaded up 500 9mm and 500 .45acp. Took my Springfield 1911 to the indoor pistol range the other day and remembered how much fun (and how accurate) that gun is. Gonna go back tomorrow and have some more fun!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Picked up a pound of Pyrodex. Might be a bit old.
    b3a31cdf62462424677571c212de2e1e.jpg

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    My pin tumbled SPP 45acp brass came out with bling.

Using the same approach with my olive tinted 38spec.

Attachments

• E84C858B-31F9-4B28-8EF3-E3730D12CACE.jpeg
      E84C858B-31F9-4B28-8EF3-E3730D12CACE.jpeg
      341.2 KB · Views: 62

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Shot some Staball 6.5 behind 130 gr ELDM’s in my 6.5 CM for accuracy. Found a couple nodes I believe. Now to chrono.

chrono some 147 ELDM 6.5 CM with super performance powder. Number’s weren’t great on the chrono but very accurate.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Shot some Staball 6.5 behind 130 gr ELDM’s in my 6.5 CM for accuracy. Found a couple nodes I believe. Now to chrono.

chrono some 147 ELDM 6.5 CM with super performance powder. Number’s weren’t great on the chrono but very accurate.

I had the same issue with the Superformance. Chrono numbers were way lower than what was published, but they were extremely accurate.

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Cranked out over 100 9mm 124gr PC, but pulled out 3x that amount in primers...
    1658273233201.png

Yeah, I don't care about shiny brass...

Wife got home from work so I stopped,
    as I think that I am supposed to spend time with her...
    or something like that,
    I can't remember what husbands are supposed to do...

Wives tend to be hard to read,
    especially when getting hot flashes...

Maybe I'm supposed to trade her in,
    on a newer model,
    with less miles?!

Last edited:

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Yesterday, I made some dummy .223 rounds for a friend. Used de-primed brass, no charge, only bullet.
    I made 10 and colored them blue with a Sharpie. So that he can easily tell they are dummy rounds. Or he could just buy snap caps. LOL But I didn't want him to have to wait for them to arrive in a week or two.
    Reason I made these for him is that he built an AR from a kit and tried to load live ammunition and it would not seat or eject. I really do not want him feeding live ammunition into a gun that has never been tested, in his house, in a neighborhood. I consider that highly unsafe. Waiting to hear back on how the dummy rounds cycle.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Yesterday, I made some dummy .223 rounds for a friend. Used de-primed brass, no charge, only bullet.
    I made 10 and colored them blue with a Sharpie. So that he can easily tell they are dummy rounds. Or he could just buy snap caps. LOL But I didn't want him to have to wait for them to arrive in a week or two.
    Reason I made these for him is that he built an AR from a kit and tried to load live ammunition and it would not seat or eject. I really do not want him feeding live ammunition into a gun that has never been tested, in his house, in a neighborhood. I consider that highly unsafe. Waiting to hear back on how the dummy rounds cycle.
    Have him check to see if the BCG is assembled correctly. If the bolt is 180 out it will not eject....

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom