Lynx Defense

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Working on seasoning a new bullet mold for the 45 colt. The first 50 were really bad. Here is a sample of the next run of 50. I think a good cleaning and the next run will be good to go...
    20220822_202345.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Did a load development session on 6mm CM.
    loaded some 108 ELD-M’s in Peterson SRP WITH 43.3 of staball. Had good accuracy at 2.76 coal, changed length to 2.77. Groups opened up a tad and the chrono result was an ES of over 55 so probably not gona load a bunch of that.

Had a series test of H4350 and 112 match burners. Found a really good node at 41.8 gr. ES of 12 and Sd-4 with 2900 fps with a new 20” bbl. May speed up a tad, I’m only at 100 rounds. .2 gr up and down also showed good numbers and great accuracy, there’s were all about 1/2”-3/4 groups. So that spot would be a poor man’s OCW.

Ive got some 115 Nosler RDF to mess with next. If those go well with my 1:7.5” twist I might try the 115 Dtacs but looks like they’re only available in 500 ct packs.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    loaded some 108 ELD-M’s in Peterson SRP WITH 43.3 of staball. Had good accuracy at 2.76 coal, changed length to 2.77. Groups opened up a tad and the chrono result was an ES of over 55 so probably not gona load a bunch of that.

Had a series test of H4350 and 112 match burners. Found a really good node at 41.8 gr. ES of 12 and Sd-4 with 2900 fps with a new 20” bbl. May speed up a tad, I’m only at 100 rounds. .2 gr up and down also showed good numbers and great accuracy, there’s were all about 1/2”-3/4 groups. So that spot would be a poor man’s OCW.

Ive got some 115 Nosler RDF to mess with next. If those go well with my 1:7.5” twist I might try the 115 Dtacs but looks like they’re only available in 500 ct packs.
    Check david tubb's site. Maybe he has some as he does sell many products, especially when his name is attached.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston

Been looking at getting a rifle in 6 creedmoor, but I’m not sure which one I want. There are several in the $2K to $2.5K range because of PRS production class rules, and I keep changing my mind on the one I like best. Currently, I really like the Seekins Havak Hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Been looking at getting a rifle in 6 creedmoor, but I’m not sure which one I want. There are several in the $2K to $2.5K range because of PRS production class rules, and I keep changing my mind on the one I like best. Currently, I really like the Seekins Havak Hit.

Those are pretty nice. They have some pretty good reviews but so does everything new on the market. IF you have that money to invest in one you can go with an MPA for a little more or Christiansen Arms MPR. Those we’re all over my budget, I considered many options. The Last generation RPR, current Generation RPR, Savage 110 Elite Precision, Savage 10 GRS, buy an action and barrel and build on it. Even the “value options “ were 1600+ aside from a stray Savage 110 varmint or something similar. I picked up a Rem700 for $900 on gunbroker it’s a 20” barrel Probably why it wasn’t selling. Most are looking for 24”+. I think that’s the max I’d go just for the maneuverability aspect. Word on the streets is these 6 Cm Barrels don’t last much past 2K less if loaded hot for very long even less. So I’ll get my 24” barrel eventually.

Last edited:

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Those are pretty nice. They have some pretty good reviews but so does everything new on the market. IF you have that money to invest in one you can go with an MPA for a little more or Christiansen Arms MPR. Those we’re all over my budget, I considered many options. The Last generation RPR, current Generation RPR, Savage 110 Elite Precision, Savage 10 GRS, buy an action and barrel and build on it. Even the “value options “ were 1600+ aside from a stray Savage 110 varmint or something similar. I picked up a Rem700 for $900 on gunbroker it’s a 20” barrel Probably why it wasn’t selling. Most are looking for 24”+. I think that’s the max I’d go just for the maneuverability aspect. Word on the streets is these 6 Cm Barrels don’t last much past 2K less if loaded hot for very long even less. So I’ll get my 24” barrel eventually.

Yeah, I’ve looked at all of them. The MPA is another one I really like. I had a chance to pick up the Savage 110 Elite Precision for a couple hundred off the usual price a few months ago, but at the time I was set on the Ruger! Daniel Defense and Christiansen Arms both have good options, but If I don’t go with the Seekins, I will probably just order one from Badrock. They are Defiance actions on either an MDT or KRG chasis. Really nice rifles.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Whew! I’m finally done.
    Over the last several days I’ve been working on catching up on some reloading chores. Mostly brass prep.
    Like a big doofuss I let a mountain of brass build up on me. I sat there looking at all that brass thinking Good God. LoL.
    So a few days ago I waded off into it.
    Just finished off the last bit.
    1900+ .38Special
    450+ .357Mag
    200+ .45-70
    150+ .30-30
    200+ .45Colt
    All that brass is now processed.
    ready to load.

200 - .44Special. Loaded these all the way out.

My arms feel seven feet long. Haha.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom