What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Found some primers, at academy of all places! Haven't seen them there in a long time. Nature is healing!

They only had Winchester small rifle and were $8.99 per 100, not great not terrible.
    Just got some small pistol primers at Academy, 79.90 per k. If you go to their website and have them email you when they have them you can order them on the web and most (but not all of the time) the order will go in. Not cheap but better than everywhere and no hazmat.

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    Greased the 25-20 bullets from yesterday. Prepared 100 matched cases and made two lots of 50 with two slightly different bullets. Hope the Sandman lets me get an early start tomorrow and one or both loads are precise enough to make up a match worth of. The bullets I tried initially were too small and performed poorly, both of these are D. Mos designs so high hopes.

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Expanded necks on 200 Peterson 6.5-284 cases to .284 (making them .284 Winchester), and then turned the necks to 12 thousandths. First steps to prepping/loading/fireforming these into 7mm/284 Shehane for a new F-Class open rifle.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    When the 6.5prc AR10 barrel arrives I'll do some comparison testing with the 3 afore mentioned along with CCI 200, 250, BR2 and #34's. Hopefully won't take many to figure out which works better!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Casted up another batch of .452 RN.
    Can use these in the .45 Colt and/or the .45 aarp.

C2A52DDA-3B73-45D6-A404-80147D42BE71.jpeg

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Wads have petals on them to make a cup to hold the shot. The buckshot I'm loading is too big and pushes on the wad and leaves bulging on the finished shell. So, I'm trimming the petals off to make room for the shot. It's annoying but doesn't take too long I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    rp-:
    Have you noticed any increased leading when you trimmed the wads? Since I use fiber wads with the BP brass cases, I was thinking of trying some Alox on the buckshot to see if there would be a difference in bore condition after several rounds....
    What say you?

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    rp-:
    Have you noticed any increased leading when you trimmed the wads? Since I use fiber wads with the BP brass cases, I was thinking of trying some Alox on the buckshot to see if there would be a difference in bore condition after several rounds....
    What say you?

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk
    The 00 buckshot I received was hitek coated so it won't lead. The 000 buckshot I received is graphite coated to keep it from leading which is the typical method.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Bought some Nosler 6.5 creedmoor brass. In the 3 years I’ve been reloading, I have never bought new brass. Closest I ever came to “quality” brass is once fired Hornady. In fact most of the 6.5 I shoot now, including what I went and shot today, is on its 5th or 6th firing. It’s been annealed every other firing. And alot of that is range pick-up! Its still shooting 1/4” to 1/2” groups. Don’t think new brass is gonna improve my groups, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Shot a series of 5.56 loads experimenting with seating depth variation. Did not get the results I was looking for. Will go back to a previous charge weight and work on that.

Broke the expander ball on my sizing die and ordered two replacements from Midway. While that is down I’ll reload some training 9mm loads that should replicate Gold Dots.

Mixed brass picked up off the ground
    CCI 500 primer
    124 gr Berry’s hollow base round nose
    6.7 gr HS-6
    1.125 COAL

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Today I lubed up a bunch of .44 cast lead bullets using Lee ALOX lube.
    Just as I was finishing tumbling them the canister they were in burst open.
    Bullets with fresh gooey lube on them went everywhere on the floor. Lube was all over my leg, shoes, etc.
    all those bullets were now cover in dirt and grass and whatever other grit was on n the floor. What a mess. LoL!
    So I let them dry for a while then picked them up.
    These will have to go back into the melter. Arrrrrr!

Top Bottom