APOD Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    You sound disappointed?
    Not disappointed. Just hear it's not an easy one to reload for. I've heard mixed feelings about buying brass from people as well. The cases are coated and people tend to clean them and remove the coating. I think I'm gonna buy a few boxes of factory ammo and use that brass so I know it's history.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Decided on a load for some 300Blk 110g bullets. Stuff is hard to find, so I have to use what I could buy. Will use H110 since I have some, and use it on other 300Blk rounds.

Now to find time to actually load them.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Not disappointed. Just hear it's not an easy one to reload for. I've heard mixed feelings about buying brass from people as well. The cases are coated and people tend to clean them and remove the coating. I think I'm gonna buy a few boxes of factory ammo and use that brass so I know it's history.

It's hit and miss on how the brass is ejected and NOT damaging it beyond reloading quality. About 1/2 - 1/3 is unusable due to dented cases from ejecting. ps90 and fn57 due harm to the brass along with an ar57. I haven't tried my m&p yet. I would stay away from range brass also (just my opinion).

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Decided on a load for some 300Blk 110g bullets. Stuff is hard to find, so I have to use what I could buy. Will use H110 since I have some, and use it on other 300Blk rounds.

Now to find time to actually load them.
    I've used h110, 296, lil gun and 1680 in 300bo all with 450's. All bullet weight for an 8 1/2" barrel with a 1k muzzle energy (or there abouts). No sub loads, but do have some 185's with just over 900 muzzle energy fo testing.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    That's pretty much what I've heard so I'll buy 3 or 4 boxes to start me off. I hadn't heard about case damage from those though. Have you heard anything about the rugers?

Nothing at all about any Ruger. I think a few have 57's on here, but not sure who? I'll see if I can find the thread or remember the name.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    That's pretty much what I've heard so I'll buy 3 or 4 boxes to start me off. I hadn't heard about case damage from those though. Have you heard anything about the rugers?

I just know the 2 fn's and the 1 ar57 I have beat up the brass bad. Fortunately I bought a bunch of AE and FN ammo back when it was less than 40 cents/per. I might get away with 60% to reload? 4 grains of accurate goes a long way (1# = 1,750 rounds).

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I friend just gave me 4k primed brass, bullets, and powder to load for him be a use he was having trouble with the flat base bullets. It's gonna take me a little while to crank these out.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I looked up primer prices at a few places then abruptly closed the browser. Thank goodness I have a few. My reloader has been collecting dust for a while but with the weather warming up it's time to start pulling that handle again.
    Best for me lately has been Academy, no hazmat.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Last year I had good luck for primers at bass pro in S.A. I drive by every few weeks for work so I'd stop in and they almost always had some. This year they haven't had any. For a couple months it seemed like academy by my shop had winchester #41 primers regularly but I didn't need them at the time and didnt have the cash to buy them anyway.

AmphibSailor

I can do everything i set my mind to...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I check online for both Academy and Bass Pro in the hopes that one of the stores here in San Antonio have some in stock. I've lucked out a couple of times. Was able to order and pay online for same/next day pick up at Academy. Not certain what percentage of time (if any) that the online inventory of the physical store is accurate, though.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Academy and Scheels in N DFW pretty much always has some kind of primer. $7-10 depending on what it is. Like someone said, that is about online prices, but no hazmat fee. And you can buy by the 100.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Was cool and dry this morning.
    8C7275EA-3FC3-435B-8271-45B50AAD4279.jpeg

Perfect for casting.
    Fired up the melting pot. Made several hundred .358 RN cast bullets.

Top Bottom