What did you do today in the world of reloading?

rp-

TGT Addict
Apr 11, 2010
converse
Anybody loading or have any experience loading 5.7x28?
A friend of mine was but he had a pretty high failure rate and he wasn't really saving anything worth noting so he quit.

Why, did you buy the new Ruger?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
Unfortunately I haven't bought anything for quite a while. I was just wondering if they were any more difficult to load than a .223, etc. because they look kinda' small.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Unfortunately I haven't bought anything for quite a while. I was just wondering if they were any more difficult to load than a .223, etc. because they look kinda' small.
They are tiny along with the bullets.

Most of the brass I had was crimped primers that you have to cut out. The rim is so small that swaging expands it.

Then there is the coating.....

rp-

TGT Addict
Apr 11, 2010
converse
I need a powder for 120 gr 9mm lead TC bullets.
The lovex I have works great for me. It's the same as shooters world auto pistol and comparable to aa5. I've also used w231 and titegroup. Honestly any pistol powder should work fine. I liked titegroup because the charge weights were low so I'd get more per round.

rp-

TGT Addict
Apr 11, 2010
converse
Thanks rp-

I have a pound of Titegroup so I'll start on that.
I believe my mild 115 fmjs were at 4.0 and my XTPs were at 4.8, all loaded to 1.125". I bet with a 120 you'd be good at 3.8-4.2 at the same length. Test the length in your gun first. Chamber a round from your magazine and make sure it goes fully into battery. Don't just drop it in your barrel. Test a couple and double check that load data on hodgdon website or in a manual. Don't take my word for it.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads