Venture Surplus ad

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Been processing some 6.5 grendel for my boss so I had to put those big boxes of 9s and 223s on hold. The 6.5s just went for their last baths. They're gonna get primed tonight and then I'll work up some loads for him.
    b5d342074344c972d687f64e28f276a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Been processing some 6.5 grendel for my boss so I had to put those big boxes of 9s and 223s on hold. The 6.5s just went for their last baths. They're gonna get primed tonight and then I'll work up some loads for him.
    b5d342074344c972d687f64e28f276a0.jpg

What bullets are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I'm about 500 rou ds in on the lee 6 pack pro. I like the press but it's not as fast for me as marketing claims. I'm averaging about 10-15 rounds per minute but that's also checking each primer feed, visually checking powder charge, and in general making sure the bullets aren't falling over and the cases are feeding correctly.

I did run it a bit faster for a few cases but quickly found the primer feeder would jam. There's also the Hassel of reloading the case feeder and bullet feeder. I'm already looking at getting the case collator for the case feeder. The bullet feeder magazine is slow to load though. Luckily it's quickly detachable from the die. I forsee an electric bullet feeder in the future.

I must say though, I'm not a fan of priming on press but so far the only real issue I had (when moving at an appropriate speed) was that the primers not dropping into the chute. About every 10 rounds or so I notice the primers hanging up in the tray so I give it a little tap and it starts again.

I originally looked at the x10 press but for a fraction of the price this press is working great for what I need.
    9d0ab3ed510ca1ec9313dee12bf474af.jpg

Top Bottom