APOD Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    my Texas coyote buster

not much use on Texas game hunting, but cool to own and shoot on occasion
    Well you just sold me off of that 375 Ruger I was eyeing... And probably that 338 win mag I've been trying to talk my wife into :-C

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    Well you just sold me off of that 375 Ruger I was eyeing... And probably that 338 win mag I've been trying to talk my wife into :-C

personally, I would choose the .375 H&H over the .375 Ruger just because of it's history (honestly never looked at the ballistics for the Ruger because I already had the H&H, didn't need another African game cartridge, I did own a .458 Win Mag for a couple of years, I only bought the .458 because a guy needed money bad so I bought it for 250.00 about 20 years ago ( a Ruger # 1) figuring I could make a little money on it, I kept it a couple of years and played with it from time to time, but eventually sold it for a nice little profit after I had my fun.
    I highly recommend the .338 Win Mag, especially if you reload, load it down 200 gre bullets for deer & hogs or stoke it up with the 250 gr Sierra SBT for elk, I have owned all of the belted mag series, but the .338 is my favorite, I got rid of the .264, .300 & .458, the .300 mag would be my second choice but it would be a battle to choose between the .300 & the Rem 7 mag ( I chose to keep the 7mag also, but seldom shoot it any more, just can't bring myself to part with it)

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I told the wife I wanted either the 338wm or 375 Ruger as a heavy hitter backup rifle "just in case" of dinosaurs, aliens, bears, or tyrannical governments. She keeps saying no because "when am I ever going to shoot any of those things..."

She's right though and your post just further makes me realize that. I've got the 450 bushmaster which is a short range heavy hitter anyway. So, I guess I'll keep holding out for a lever gun.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Trayed some 223 for gaging.

20201014_154547.jpg

The traying machine is simply a beast.

Worked on getting a new pistol machine setup for proximity switches and a new program. Almost there.

20201013_135006.jpg

Last edited:

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    charged on seated all the projectiles for the .375 tonight, then unbolted my RCBS Big Max from the bench and re-mounted it on an Inline Fabrication Ultramount, raised it 9 1/2" so no more bending over to lower the handle when loading rifle ammo, the Dillon 650 is already raised on the the strong mount and I was going to fab something myself for the single station press when I discovered Inline offered one for the Big Max, so I ordered it and USPS delivered it today, would recommend them to anyone that wants to elevate their press, they offer several models for various presses already pre-drilled

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    Loaded 12 sets of 10 round ladder loads (5/100 5/200) with 4 different powders in 6.5 Creedmoor.
    Loaded 6 sets for 224 Valkyrie
    Will try to get to the range tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2020
    Llano, TX
    loaded a 100 rounds of .450 Marlin

with the last of my Hornady 350 gr. Flat Nose bullets today

Hornady discontinued this bullet so I will know have to find a replacement and work up new loads when these have been shot up

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Ordered a new unloader. Changing out my carry pistol.

Then I reset my dies for a run of 45gap on the single stage. Already flared them all. Just need to seat a bullet. I'll do that tomorrow.

Top Bottom