Guns International

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    That's how you know you have an addiction. Loading for aomething you dont own!
    Right!

Honestly, I've passed on a lot of pistols because I "didn't want to have to buy more ammo..." So along the way I've squired dies for several calibers I don't own but am interested in. I've loaded up a little of each so if the right deal comes along I don't have to worry about ammo.

Just remember, you got me into reloading!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If you’re gonna own and shoot a 10mm, reloading is a must. Most factory ammo isn’t any hotter than .40, unless you get some Underwood or Buffalo Bore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have a bullet recommendation for a good bullet suitable for a Glock 20? Using new brass. Don’t want any brass bulge.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Do you have a bullet recommendation for a good bullet suitable for a Glock 20? Using new brass. Don’t want any brass bulge.

I’ve never had any issues using the 180 grain Hornady XTP bullets. Wideners sometimes has good deals if you just want a FMJ plinking round.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    If you’re gonna own and shoot a 10mm, reloading is a must. Most factory ammo isn’t any hotter than .40, unless you get some Underwood or Buffalo Bore.
    Sig 10 mm ammo is pretty hot too, and much cheaper than either of those.
    I’ve never had any issues using the 180 grain Hornady XTP bullets. Wideners sometimes has good deals if you just want a FMJ plinking round.
    XTP’s are my favorite projectiles for all the pistol rounds I reload. They also work really well out of my 357 and 44 mag lever actions.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    7f1a876088c32ba02603e0fce3f38703.jpg

Last nights quick session. Some coyotes rounds and some plinking ones.

Left: Nosler b-tip?

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Sig 10 mm ammo is pretty hot too, and much cheaper than either of those.

XTP’s are my favorite projectiles for all the pistol rounds I reload. They also work really well out of my 357 and 44 mag lever actions.

Forgot about Sig. Cheaper AND easier to find than Underwood and Buffalo Bore. XTP’s are definitely my #1 choice for pistol projectiles. 90% of my 10mm and 44 mag loads use them, so luckily I have quite a few boxes stashed away! I actually found a couple boxes of their 147 grain 9mm bullets a couple weeks ago. I hadn’t seen them on the shelf in over a year, so I grabbed them. Never really wanted to use hand loaded ammo in my EDC, but the critical defense (which uses the XTP’s) I carry is hard to find, and I only have a few more boxes left.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Not me actually doing it but my actions are showing it.

I have 10 rounds loaded for testing but I want to make the 25 minute trip to the range worth it but it don’t want to just blast ammo either with no replacement primers in sight.

I guess I’ll just continue cleaning up the pile of 45acp brass I’ve shot since 1989!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom