DK Firearms

What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I got my new Rotary Tumbler in yesterday and started wet tumbling my 40 S&W brass today. Very pleased with the way it came out. I like this much better than the vibratory Tumblers. Pins, Dawn dish soap, lemishine and some hot water does an impressive job!

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Have you chronographed any of these loads ? Just curious about this powder in the 357 and how fast it can safely push a 158gr bullet.
    I've used CFE on 38spl without any problems. I wasn't really looking for speed though. They're just plinkers. Next time I get to the range I'll bring the Labrador and Chrono them but it'll be out of a rifle.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Received Starline brass, 10mm auto, 1000 cases yesterday. Still looking for a gun to shoot it in. I guess I need some bullets too.

Funny, I just stocked up with 1k 38 super brass and was thinking the same thing. I've only got one and it's a safe queen. Hoping to get my hands on a hi cap 38 super soon to have some range fun with.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I made up a timer box for my brass Tumbler, vibratory tumbler and brass dryer (Food dehydrator) today. Since none of these devices have a timer built-in this will make my brass cleaning life easier. I still have to mount it to the wall, but doing a test run right now.
    0C8273E3-F23A-4021-B754-9351DB54CE9B.jpeg

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I made up a timer box for my brass Tumbler, vibratory tumbler and brass dryer (Food dehydrator) today. Since none of these devices have a timer built-in this will make my brass cleaning life easier. I still have to mount it to the wall, but doing a test run right now.
    View attachment 255422
    Nice timer where did you get the parts? I need too setup some timers, but are you able to ONLY use 1 selection per panel?

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Nice timer where did you get the parts? I need too setup some timers, but are you able to ONLY use 1 selection per panel?
    Each duplex outlet is controlled by one of the timers. Left outlet controlled by left timer right out the controlled by right timer.
    So the dryer is plugged in to the left outlet, and I’ll run that for 30 minutes while the right outlet has the Tumbler plugged in and will run that for two hours simultaneously. Or any combination of time.

I got the timers off of Amazon, they were $15 each, the rest of the stuff I picked up at Home Depot or had on hand at the house.

Amazon product ASIN B0184PH9TM

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Each duplex outlet is controlled by one of the timers. Left outlet controlled by left timer right out the controlled by right timer.
    So the dryer is plugged in to the left outlet, and I’ll run that for 30 minutes while the right outlet has the Tumbler plugged in and will run that for two hours simultaneously. Or any combination of time.

I got the timers off of Amazon, they were $15 each, the rest of the stuff I picked up at Home Depot or had on hand at the house.

Amazon product ASIN B0184PH9TM
    Not bad!

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Loaded 15 7mm Rem Mag for my BIL to try out. Had to buy Privi Prizi????? PPU brass and some of them didn't have the extractor groove cut deep enough. Made them hard to get into the shellholder. Never again.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Got done making up my 38s so I ordered some repack boxes for them. Changed the pro1000 over to 380 and reseated some bullets a little deeper. I screwed up and seated them too long and they wouldn't cycle my wife's pistol.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom