Patriot Mobile

What did you do today to help protect the 2nd?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    What did you do today to help protect the 2nd?

I sent emails to my Senators and Representative in Washington from both the NRA and GOA websites.

Tomorrow I plan to visit some of the other pro-gun group websites and maybe join some of their organizations..

ARJ Defense ad

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Joined the GOA about 3 weeks ago. Got their stuff in the mail today. Figured I'd buy a mug too.

That is great!

I hope that while you were at the GOA website you sent some emails to your Representative and Senators. Cornyn needs all the emails that we can send him.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    He's someone I've consistently voted against, his voting record leaves a lot to be desired. Unless the other GOP candidate is worse, I will always vote against him. Mr "In 6 years you have learned where the bathrooms are". I know it was a joke but his brain backs up his stupid joke.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I received some GOA pamphlets today and I intend to drop some off at our local gun shop tomorrow for them to hand out.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I hope that the lack of response to this thread does not mean that there is a lack of pro-gun activism.
    It doesn't .
    I recall making a similar thread some years back.
    Similar response.
    I learned something.

More gets done privately than publicly.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    It doesn't .
    I recall making a similar thread some years back.
    Similar response.
    I learned something.

More gets done privately than publicly.

I hope that you are right.

It seems to me that there are far more people that join the NRA and think that they have done their part than there are people who actively help with the fight.

If the people in Congress were to each receive nearly 5 million emails, calls and letters every time someone calls for an assault on our right to keep and bear arms then they would not even consider such legislation. I said nearly 5 million because that is the number of NRA members.

There are lots of people who are not members of the NRA that are members of other pro-gun organizations so there are enough people to win this war if they would only do their part.

I am quite surprised to see so many gun dealers that never encourage their customers to help with the fight.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well, I can participate in very thread here, or I can spend that time contacting my legislators at all levels. I’ll tell you what takes time is figuring out what new piece of legislation is being drafted and what NPRMs are where. I’ll tell you, NRA is way behind the ball on those two.

Then, I gotta go to NRA-ILA and send off the mass email. Then, to the RNC and DNC; they get one too, just for good measure.

Some issues get a call to the office as well.

As for dealers, if they cared then they’d include a membership or renew a membership with every purchase made. Except that means they have to make a little more profit. And with a race to the bottom on prices, there ain’t enough margin there to do that.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I’ll tell you what takes time is figuring out what new piece of legislation is being drafted and what NPRMs are where. I’ll tell you, NRA is way behind the ball on those two.

Are you a member of or checked out the GOA? They keep the members and visitors to the website pretty well informed.

My nephew recently got a FFL. I gave him some GOA pamphlets and he will be handing them out to all of his customers.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Are you a member of or checked out the GOA? They keep the members and visitors to the website pretty well informed.

I Dew Drop Inn (panhandle joke, there) on GOA, as well as SAF.

Once we’re past tax season (there’s a check I’m not anxious to write) gets past us, they’ll get some checks, too.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hope that the lack of response to this thread does not mean that there is a lack of pro-gun activism.

I typed up several responses and deleted them. I took the question as in a fairly negative light and typed out several negative responses. Felt a burn of insult in that my support of the 2A is being questioned by a stranger. That I must signal to him effective proof of my support and actions in order to get my back pats and "likes" seemed abhorent.

Then I deleted the posts as a more reasonable thought crept in that maybe it was just an honest question. At any rate, I won't be giving the answer that is sought. My activities need not be broadcast for approval. "I've done whats needed" will have to suffice.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I typed up several responses and deleted them. I took the question as in a fairly negative light and typed out several negative responses. Felt a burn of insult in that my support of the 2A is being questioned by a stranger. That I must signal to him effective proof of my support and actions in order to get my back pats and "likes" seemed abhorent.

Then I deleted the posts as a more reasonable thought crept in that maybe it was just an honest question. At any rate, I won't be giving the answer that is sought. My activities need not be broadcast for approval. "I've done whats needed" will have to suffice.
    You got a like anyway.

Top Bottom