Hurley's Gold

What do yall think about what this guy said?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you have ever had a gun pulled on you, then you know there are really two options. Just two. Run or shoot. That's it. For you to decide in the moment.

That story is probably BS though.

Lol, wut?

That's absurd. There are an infinite number of situations and variables. Only considering two possible options is a good way to get yourself killed or in jail.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Lol, wut?

That's absurd. There are an infinite number of situations and variables. Only considering two possible options is a good way to get yourself killed or in jail.

Okay, list them and you will see that they are all variations of fighting or fleeing or a combination of the two. Unless you comply with the person and decide to put your life in their hands.

I'm sitting here right now, alive and not in jail.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I have had guns pulled on me was too far to grab it though, and its not as bad as you think it would be shit like that I focus and calm down its really weird. Either they are going to shoot or they are bluffing nothing you can do either way.

Not trying to sound like a badass or anything by any means I worked security at bars and drunk morons like to pull guns/knives.

But yes you could grab it if you were close wouldn't be the first time someone has. Im inclined to agree with youggun

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Okay, list them and you will see that they are all variations of fighting or fleeing or a combination of the two. Unless you comply with the person and decide to put your life in their hands.

First off, you have changed the options from "run or shoot" to "fighting or fleeing". They are NOT the same.

And yes, in some situations it may be a better option to stand there and get things sorted out.

An example from a scenario someone posted a while back. Someone sees you running after a woman across a parking lot, she is screaming "STOP". They think you are chasing her and in an attempt to do the right thing they draw and holler at you to freeze or something of that nature. Do you shoot them, keep running, or stop and explain to them that your toddler has taken off across the parking lot and you and your wife are running after it?

One option may get you jail time, or cost you thousands and the life of a person trying to do what was right with limited information(if you can draw and shoot faster than he can twitch his finger). Another option may get you shot, the third will most likely end with everyone going home safe and sound.

The example may not be perfect because life is dynamic and few people have the imagination to build a true, life like scenario. But the point stands that a simple "shoot them or run" mindset handicaps you by eliminating the majority of your options.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I could care less if you OC in my place, it's the ski masks that freak me out.

In the gun shop folks walk in with firearms, no problem....but if they have a clown mask on too......it's on. I hate clowns.

and the dude in the story....as above,not worth commenting on...

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    First off, you have changed the options from "run or shoot" to "fighting or fleeing". They are NOT the same.

And yes, in some situations it may be a better option to stand there and get things sorted out.

An example from a scenario someone posted a while back. Someone sees you running after a woman across a parking lot, she is screaming "STOP". They think you are chasing her and in an attempt to do the right thing they draw and holler at you to freeze or something of that nature. Do you shoot them, keep running, or stop and explain to them that your toddler has taken off across the parking lot and you and your wife are running after it?

One option may get you jail time, or cost you thousands and the life of a person trying to do what was right with limited information(if you can draw and shoot faster than he can twitch his finger). Another option may get you shot, the third will most likely end with everyone going home safe and sound.

The example may not be perfect because life is dynamic and few people have the imagination to build a true, life like scenario. But the point stands that a simple "shoot them or run" mindset handicaps you by eliminating the majority of your options.

So in your example, you can't run away in the other direction from the people with guns drawn? I fail to see your point, because you have none. But keep them coming, you obviously know everything.

Last edited:

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I have had guns pulled on me was too far to grab it though, and its not as bad as you think it would be shit like that I focus and calm down its really weird. Either they are going to shoot or they are bluffing nothing you can do either way.

Not trying to sound like a badass or anything by any means I worked security at bars and drunk morons like to pull guns/knives.

But yes you could grab it if you were close wouldn't be the first time someone has. Im inclined to agree with youggun

Try to grab a knife from the wrong guy and see what happens. A gun, okay. F that.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013

Oh, so there is at least one more. How about ignoring the guy and calling 911 on your phone to have his ass arrested? Doesn't seem like shooting or running to me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So in your example, you can't run away in the other direction from the people with guns drawn? I fail to see your point, because you have none. But keep them coming, you obviously know everything.

Why would I run away?

Knit pick one example, you are obviously a super high speed bad ass with ultra tactical operator skills and a degree from the Chuck Norris schools of ass kicking.

Is your chest bruised from all that thumping yet?

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Why would I run away?

Knit pick one example, you are obviously a super high speed bad ass with ultra tactical operator skills and a degree from the Chuck Norris schools of ass kicking.

Is your chest bruised from all that thumping yet?
    He does this stuff all the time. think that's the reason he gets on here.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    And that crazy $#@!cker, if he even exists, will put a bullet in your head. No thanks.

Since when did it become 2 options you were willing to use? I trust my judgment more than yours and if I get shot then I want it to be because of my call not what some internet cowboy said.

Top Bottom