• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    . . so you can possibly shoot your children's friend who're over for a sleepover?

I'd imagine if someone were breaking into your home, you'd not be "half asleep".

No, I could do that w/out a laser, but i'm not sick. If you ever had someone break in your house, in the middle of the night while you are sleeping, you'd know what I mean. Re-read what you just said.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    No, I could do that w/out a laser, but i'm not sick. If you ever had someone break in your house, in the middle of the night while you are sleeping, you'd know what I mean. Re-read what you just said.

Whatever you say.

When I hear something strange in the night, I don't have a "half-asleep" state.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    IMO lasers are very useful/helpful, but if you are a novice shooter than I would practice and be proficient with my hard sights first. There are many scenarios where lasers would come in handy. What gun do you have and what brand of laser were you thinking about? I have a Glock 27 with an internal Lasermax laser.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I live alone and wear glasses. I think it would benefit me to have one on my USP. Im looking at the Viridian as well but can't bring myself to drop that much coin.

... yet here I am, with a pricey .45, haha.

I think it would help to not have to be SO dependent on my glasses in the night.
    I do have a Fenix PD20 that goes everywhere the USP goes. And its hella bright. :)

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I just added the threaded barrel from Jarvis.

Lasers are great for low light conditions, in bright day light I can not see that laser dot at all.

What they are best for is point shooting. You can practice point shooting every day with out firing a shot. Point at a target, turn on the laser and see if your gun was actually pointed where you thought it was.

The more often you do this, the more proficient you will get!

Then do some live fire point shooting at the range once in a while.

Bass Pro Shops sells an American made laser with the mount for about $125, and Midway USA had American made LaserMax for under $200 not long ago.

Top Bottom