• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    YES, wish I had the DNA from my father and mother, might give me some insight into what diseases I may face down the road of life...

That’s really what makes this a double-edged sword issue.

On the one hand, you can learn literally everything about your genetic makeup and predispositions. Or even connect with previously unknown relatives.

On the other hand, this exact same info can be sold to people and companies who may or may not have your best interests in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gun Zone Deals

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    How about no? In the same vein I don't understand why anybody would by an Alexa, Siri, Google Home device. Just what I always wanted! Paying to be wiretapped!
    Exactly, on every point. Just carrying our phones around provides more geo-tracking and activity profiling than I care to even think about. If you've ever downloaded the Geotracking from your phone.. it's a little alarming to see how easily a pattern can be identified.

I made a blog post about it 5-6 years ago.. I've not had the inclination to do it again.. too depressing. http://blog.daviddemartini.com/the-great-iphone-location-file-controversy/

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    I have always been uneasy about Biometric privacy. The first time in my life I was ever fingerprinted was when I visited this country in 2006 at the age of 53. We would never have an Alexa or similar system at home for reasons already shown here. The other day my wife showed me a video, which is good for a laugh:

It got me thinking about what will happen to Scottish people when driverless cars and taxis become common. Will you have lots of people going nowhere or ending up in the wrong place, never able to get back home?

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    It got me thinking about what will happen to Scottish people when driverless cars and taxis become common. Will you have lots of people going nowhere or ending up in the wrong place, never able to get back home?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    For years, I prowled old cemeteries with cameras and poked around the old grave markers. The most common theme on grave markers was: "Gone but not forgotten!"

I take exception to that. It's the nature of this world to pass on, and leave space for the next generation to grow, live and ultimately pass away. The gizmo in the OP seems to interfere with that process.

Hey.....……. grow and live your life the best that you can. When it's time, move on to whatever comes next. Don't fool with the process. Just do it!

Flash

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    For years, I prowled old cemeteries with cameras and poked around the old grave markers. The most common theme on grave markers was: "Gone but not forgotten!"

I take exception to that. It's the nature of this world to pass on, and leave space for the next generation to grow, live and ultimately pass away. The gizmo in the OP seems to interfere with that process.

Hey.....……. grow and live your life the best that you can. When it's time, move on to whatever comes next. Don't fool with the process. Just do it!

Flash
    Moving on is best accomplished with knowledge and respect for those that blazed the trail you are on today. Without those "memories" you would unknowingly travel the same path repeatedly. Blazing a new trail only when tripping at one end or the other and falling face first in a new direction. Its nice to have the past to point us in the right direction.

Top Bottom