• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I lived there for 12 years, and I always dreaded spring break and “tourist season”. All my friends and neighbors felt the same way.

As I got much older, I found I enjoyed going to Galveston in the fall after the summer tourist season is over. Less crowded, much easier and cheaper on hotels, and it's just more laid back.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Judge Canales (ex-Black) is a Great-Niece of the late Dr. Hector P. Garcia, who was a relatively conservative Civil Rights leader. Her Dad, Tony, was U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Texas during the late 1970's. The Families Canales & Garcia are devout Catholics and are considered fairly conservative on many issues, but remain staunch democrats. It baffles me that they remain with the democrat "party", which left them long ago, just as it left me and many others.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >
    During my years there, I repeatedly encountered folks transferred there by a career-job change, and complained bitterly.

BUT,

When same company tried to "promote" them out again, they refused and quit so they could stay.

I always just loved the Sparkling City and its People !

leVieux

Ryantsg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    Corpus lacks a Costco and a few other big city stores I like such as IKEA. It also lacks a good surplus store.

With that I do a quarterly San Antonio Run for the above items!

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    As I got much older, I found I enjoyed going to Galveston in the fall after the summer tourist season is over. Less crowded, much easier and cheaper on hotels, and it's just more laid back.

Are you sure about that? Every time I go to Galveston still crowded just like Kemah. I do most of my fishing around Port Oconner and Rockport just to avoid the crowds.

Top Bottom