• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    They are decent.Just make sure you keep the ramp clean.My brother has one and he has to clean it after 75 rounds or it starts to jam.I saw the sarslinger junk they had yesterday for the same price.Taurus is a good company.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Good price.Not much around our town that is cheaper.Are you going to buy a dual tone or blued model?

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I also went to Kirks today to laugh at the prices.They have a HK for $1109 that I got for $699 on the web.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    You know thats the thing I was not even considering a Taurus until the guy told me to look at it and then when he told me the price. I mean 349 is pretty fing cheap.

I really wanted that HK USP but the guy told me that Academy would be getting one around april 12th and it was priced at 879.

If I do make up my mind and decide to get the Taurus then I will probably go with the two tone.

I have been meaning to ask you mac, what part of town do you live in? I am on the westside of town near Coronado High School.

Also Mac, You did not answer my question bud lol...Would you buy the Taurus at that price?

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I had the pre-pro version in 9mm and it was a good gun. I am more of a single action kind of guy so I sold it to a buddy that is still shooting it today.

In answer to your question....yes, I would!!!

tex45acp

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Who showed you the gun at Academy?Howard used to sell guns at his shop and Jose used to work a Sports authority and is very knowledgable.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Unfortunately the Taurus 1911s are running about $699 plus tax.He might consider a Springfield or Rock Island 1911 which are at least $100 to $150 less than the Taurus.I have three Paras,one Colt and four RIA 1911s.The Rocks were the most affordable.All my Paras have been about $549 to $850 and I paid $750 for my Colt.

neviander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    I bought my wife the exact pistol you're reffering to a couple of months back. She's only shot the required 50 rounds for her CHL class and maybe 30 more through it, but no hiccups yet.

I've read a lot about this gun, on Taurus' and other forums. Apparently the 24/7 is a solid design. The only "if" to the gun is Taurus' quality control, but it seems to be little and far in between with this particular model. But for that price you are getting a bad arse gun.

My 24/7 pro 9mm is rockin Look on the handgun picture thread at the top of this forum, it's on page 11.

The only thing I might recommend is what the more seasoned guys recommend to everybody; clean it before you shoot it, I guess the factory lube leaves a lot to be desired; I didn't and it shot fine, but it couldn't hurt.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    onac255,Did the gun show help you choose what you want?The prices were way too high.I know we were talking about the XDs at my table.I was glad to meet you ftf and am sorry that I did not get a chance to say goodbye.The gun shows get crazy and everyone swarms in like sharks.I got busy trying to sell that AR and 45-70 trapdoor and when I looked up I saw that you had left.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Yeah I had to run, I was waiting to get a chance to say goodbye but you were busy with the gentleman interested in your AR. The Gun Show was sweet I was like a kid in a candy store. The prices were ridiculous though. Thanks for all your help bud and hopefully we can go through some rounds of .45 pretty soon!!!

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Well we sold all eight XDs and all the rifles today.Let me know what you decide and I will show you a great place to shoot.The gun show was better today.:)

Top Bottom