Guns International

What do you like about your top two pistols?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    They were both most likely used in several wars. My 1911 was built in 1917 and could have seen service in WWI, WWII, Korea, or Vietnam. My John Inglis Browning High Power was built in '44 or '45 and could have seen action in WWII or Korea.
    Venture Surplus ad

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    S&W M&P 45 ACP - duty sidearm 10+1, fits well in hand, slide closes when magazine is replaced firmly. A big hole is better than a little hole.

Glock 32 357 Sig - primary off duty sidearm. 13+1, stout caliber, I am dead on with it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Colt 1911 and Smith & Wesson Model 19 .357 magnum 6" barrel. When I pick up a pistol, it fits me perfectly, the bond between man and machine clicks perfectly, reliability is unquestioned and accuracy is almost magical, the pistol enters the category that these two pistols enjoy. I do not miss with either one of them.

Flash

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My Dan Wesson Pointman Aussie Blue. I always take this to the range and have well over 10k rounds through it. Good trigger and good sights. Feeds everything I put in it. Never a problem of any kind that wasn't an out of spec round or a defective mag.

Next, would be my relatively new SA Range Officer. Essentially the same sights as the PM above but I did a true radius trigger job on it, and changed the MSH to a standard non-ILS housing. Great shooter. So far no problems and the trigger is as close to perfect as I have ever shot. 3.5 pounds, no creep and it just breaks so clean.

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    One more thing about the XDS is for the price and accessories you get. Not to mention it basically ambidextrous out of the box when it comes to shooting, releasing the mag, chambering. This pistol DOES lock the slide back at the last casing being ejected. Lefties simply insert a new mag and pull slightly back the slide and a round will be chambered.
    A lefty buddy struggled with my beretta.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I can only pick two?!? Well, definitely my Ruger MkIII Target; it's just loads of fun to shoot. I guess second would be the Ruger SR1911; accurate and smooth as butter.

My runner up would be my W. German P225... and P226... and P220... and P230 ;) Because having some quality guns from a cold war country that doesn't even exist anymore is really interesting. Definitely Sig Sauer in their prime.

worthless.gif

4378490822_978dbe392f_z.jpg

8242937231_8241752cf7_z.jpg

4301415905_9ff51a7630_z.jpg

3180481320_c4c5306f00_z.jpg

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I only have one for now, as I can't decide what my second favorite would be.

For now it's the 9mm Glock. Not necessarily my specific 9mm Glock, but rather the platform. 17, 19, 26, 34, etc., probably focusing most on 17 or 19 for practicality. I didn't really grow nearly as much, as a shooter, as I did once I got my first 9mm Glock. Economical to shoot, exceedingly simple to maintain and modify, simple in design. The Toyota or Honda of handguns. Certainly not perfect by far, but relatively perfect in terms of it's simplicity. Becoming accustomed to the Glock, it's simplicity, uniformity, ease of use and maintenance allowed me to start caring less about the gun and instead focus on the "act" instead of the "means", regardless of whatever the tool happens to be. Sometimes, I think with other more storied, attractive, and prestigious platforms, this simple fact can be overlooked as people focus on the platform. What I'm getting at is, go from the finely tuned high performance sports car with a proper manual gearbox, to the auto econobox daily driver. It can allow you to have a much greater appreciation of the finer things in life, as well as the actual act of "driving" more so than necessarily what you are doing the driving with.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Love my Sig 228. I like the decocking lever on that gun, and also just the feel of it. It fits my hand well and is crazy accurate. By far my favorite gun. I bought a Glock 26 recently that is amazingly accurate. I dropped a mag of ammo into the 10 hole on a target. Aside from my 21, I never cared that much for Glocks. But this 26 is really accurate. Also, its small enough to fit into my pocket in a pocket holster.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ...the Glock, it's simplicity, uniformity, ease of use and maintenance allowed me to start caring less about the gun and instead focus on the "act" instead of the "means", regardless of whatever the tool happens to be. Sometimes, I think with other more storied, attractive, and prestigious platforms, this simple fact can be overlooked as people focus on the platform. What I'm getting at is, go from the finely tuned high performance sports car with a proper manual gearbox, to the auto econobox daily driver. It can allow you to have a much greater appreciation of the finer things in life, as well as the actual act of "driving" more so than necessarily what you are doing the driving with.
    Hmm, I feel the opposite... Using the car analogy, yes I can take any FWD econobox on a spirited drive but to push the envelope of your driving ability and truly appreciate "the limit" you need something built with driving in mind; not just a grocery getter. You can't pull a full lateral G in a Honda Fit.

A handgun isn't like a car tho, so I'm not sure this analogy fits. A Glock, while boring, can do anything a 1911 or Sig can. People definitely get hung up on "platform"

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hmm, I feel the opposite... Using the car analogy, yes I can take any FWD econobox on a spirited drive but to push the envelope of your driving ability and truly appreciate "the limit" you need something built with driving in mind; not just a grocery getter. You can't pull a full lateral G in a Honda Fit.

A handgun isn't like a car tho, so I'm not sure this analogy fits. A Glock, while boring, can do anything a 1911 or Sig can. People definitely get hung up on "platform"

I guess what I was getting at is, when you can shoot well with a gun that has the ergonomics of a 2x4 and a trigger like a stapler, well, you can SHOOT. I like being able to pick up any gun and shoot it well, whether it's a high dollar custom 1911, or a surplus CZ52, or a H&K VP70 with a damn 20# trigger pull. ;) I've seen a lot of people use more capable guns and platforms as a crutch, without realizing all of the performance they can still extract out of it. Like the guy with a Wilson Super Grade shooting pie plate sized groups at 3yds one time. Or how about the dude I saw with a MSAR 556 and an ACOG that was shooting 6-8" groups at 25yds, while the guy in the next bay over (who is a former Navy SEAL from the 80's to early 90's) that was shooting a fist-sized group at 25yds with his P226. Dude with the MSAR 556 didn't even have a clue how much he sucked it up. ;)

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I like my Glock 19 and my Glock 30 the best. The Glock 19 was my first gun, and as always......reliable. I carry my Glock 30 most days and it shoots like butter. Now my top two may change once I aquire the 21, who knows? And I dont find my Glocks boring, not even a little. But I am a simple man.....thats just me.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My favorite is my Beretta 92fs. Super accurate, low recoil, great feel. Second favorite is my Sig P250C .40. good size, excellent feel, pretty damn accurate too.

n2pistols

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    It can be your EC or fav gun at the range.

Mine are my beretta 92 compact and XDS 45
    XDS is: very narrow for EC in iwb holster. Power of 45ACP. 8 rd. duel safeties
    Accurate. Comfortable to shoot and hold. Good color-black
    Beretta is. A beauty, Inox with custom zebra wood grips. Hi capacity 14 rd up to 30 rd. proven reliability. Easily customizable-grips, sites, trigger, hammer. Dedicated safety lever/decocker. Very accurate and low recoil. Still concealable.

One thing about the 92 is the mag release. I have to re grip the pistol to press the button. That's solved though with an ext mag release

Both of them are paid for and I have ammo for them.......
    :cool:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I like my two every-day-carry pistols for different reasons. My Colt Defender (.45 ACP) shoots great, easy to conceal, and very reliable. My S&W 640 (.38 Spl./.357 Mag) with the Barami Hiip grip conceals even better than the Colt, absolutely cannot snag coming out of a holster or waistband, but only holds five rounds (which I see no big problem with for most of my concealed carry out and about). There are other guns out there that are also great, but these are "my" guns! I like all guns, just some better than others. ;)

Floyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Cibolo
    S&W 657 .41 MAG; Dad gave to me when I was 21. Has atrigger job. It is very nice to shoot.
    STI Custom 1911 .45; bought to mark the occasion of my retirement. I regret not getting one much, much earlier.
    Walther PPQ 9mm; super nice. (Only poly that has stayed thelongest)
    I take all three to the range when I go. I take others, but these go every time toshoot.

ervdrvr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Harker Heights
    Sorry...I have 3 fav's. All Colt's. All revolvers. All take the same cartridge. All are more accurate than I am. All are dead-nuts reliable.
    The first is my DS...every-day carry. The other two are a PPS and OMM.
    CAM00144-1.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom