ARJ Defense ad

What do you like about your top two pistols?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Sorry...I have 3 fav's. All Colt's. All revolvers. All take the same cartridge. All are more accurate than I am. All are dead-nuts reliable.
    The first is my DS...every-day carry. The other two are a PPS and OMM.
    CAM00144-1.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

I love Det. Specials! You have a beauty! Mine is a blued 1973 model and I would never sell it. It is also very accurate with wad cutter loads.
    Guns International

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I just rock my Glock 19. I love how easy it is to clean, how smooth it is to shoot, and how it doesn't drain my wallet being that it's a 9mm. I'm hoping to get a 1911 someday soon, probably RIA or something of that sort.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I love all guns. I laugh at all the 1911/glock haters. Sure, I have my preferences. I don't care for shooting .40 cals, not wild about XDs, etc. But I definitely can say, in my 2 favorite handguns are:

1. My Glock 19 (with Sevingy NIght Sights). Like Travis, I am wild about the Glock 9mm platform. I have a Glock 19 & Custom TSD Glock 17, and I still want to get a 34, 17L, and 26. If Glock ever made a single stack 9mm, they'd murder the pocket pistol market. I like that the larger Mags on this platform interchange with their smaller counterparts (Glock 17 mags fit 19 & 26). I like that certain rifles even accept various glock mags (I toy with the idea of 9mm SBR bouild using AR with dedicated glock mag lower). I like that I can manage recoil pretty well with them. With some valuable instruction (from Chris at formerly Patriot Handgun Training, now Gander @I45 in Spring) I feel comfortable with my accuracy- not going to win any awards, but feel confident with my ability to defend my life with my Glock 19. I like that there's plenty of accessories (Including 33 round mags, lights, lazers etc). I like the ease of maintenance. I may clean my glocks once every 1500 rounds. I've had various handguns fail me (Thank God, just at the range). But I have never had my Glock 19 even hiccup. No matter what kind of ammo I've used, etc. Since this thread needs more pics:

IMG_1677.jpg
    [/URL]

2. Wilson CQB Elite 45 acp.: I mean whats not to love about a hand fitted custom gun made to your specs? I love the 1911 platform and wanted to go with one of the best. I am very pleased with my Wilson. I think its too heavy to CCW. But it shoots as awesome as it looks. It feels like a million bucks in my hand, and some people think they aren't worth the money. But if you're into 1911s, you should definitely own a semi/full-custom build at some point. Pics of my Wilson:

Wilson2.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

Me carrying it at the First Hicksville:
    33.jpg

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Dang Dude - that is a beautiful gun. I think you're right on target about a single stack Glock. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. My hands are not big and my double stack PX4 sometimes feels like holding the big end of a baseball bat.

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    I love all guns. I laugh at all the 1911/glock haters. Sure, I have my preferences. I don't care for shooting .40 cals, not wild about XDs, etc. But I definitely can say, in my 2 favorite handguns are:

1. My Glock 19 (with Sevingy NIght Sights). Like Travis, I am wild about the Glock 9mm platform. I have a Glock 19 & Custom TSD Glock 17, and I still want to get a 34, 17L, and 26. If Glock ever made a single stack 9mm, they'd murder the pocket pistol market. I like that the larger Mags on this platform interchange with their smaller counterparts (Glock 17 mags fit 19 & 26). I like that certain rifles even accept various glock mags (I toy with the idea of 9mm SBR bouild using AR with dedicated glock mag lower). I like that I can manage recoil pretty well with them. With some valuable instruction (from Chris at formerly Patriot Handgun Training, now Gander @I45 in Spring) I feel comfortable with my accuracy- not going to win any awards, but feel confident with my ability to defend my life with my Glock 19. I like that there's plenty of accessories (Including 33 round mags, lights, lazers etc). I like the ease of maintenance. I may clean my glocks once every 1500 rounds. I've had various handguns fail me (Thank God, just at the range). But I have never had my Glock 19 even hiccup. No matter what kind of ammo I've used, etc. Since this thread needs more pics:

IMG_1677.jpg
    [/URL]

2. Wilson CQB Elite 45 acp.: I mean whats not to love about a hand fitted custom gun made to your specs? I love the 1911 platform and wanted to go with one of the best. I am very pleased with my Wilson. I think its too heavy to CCW. But it shoots as awesome as it looks. It feels like a million bucks in my hand, and some people think they aren't worth the money. But if you're into 1911s, you should definitely own a semi/full-custom build at some point. Pics of my Wilson:

Wilson2.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

Me carrying it at the First Hicksville:
    33.jpg

What's wrong with G36? It's 45 but still single stack.
    And you only need to shoot 45ACP once. ;)

scout789

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    lake jackson, tx
    Let's see? My top two handguns and what do I like about them. That would have to be my two 1911's. A full size and a 3" compact. A very close third is my Model 28 S&W. No Glock hate here, I used to own one and they are just not for me. Didn't fit my hand and couldn't get a proper grip, thus no way I could shoot it well. I'm very much a fan of good SA triggers.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Hard to narrow it down to just 2. I would have to say my Glock 23 and Ruger LCR. The 23 just fits my hand perfect and just feels perfect. I love shooting it and it has ample round count for its size. The LCR is just amazing. Trigger is sweet and it is beyond comfortable to carry it. It also feels perfect in my hand and is a blast to shoot! Did I mention it carries awesome!!??:cool:

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Tomball, TX
    My top two are my STI SteelMaster and my Glock 34 I run IDPA with.

The STI is a monster, way more gun than I am skilled enough to use. I love it, can't wait to run some courses with it.

The 34 is my workhorse, and I am good with it. I am faster with it than I have ever been with any other pistol, wouldn't trade it for anything.

Top Bottom