• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I guess I'm the odd man out here. I never did have any real luck getting hs-6 to work for me in my nines.

From what I've read here, there's a good chance that I was just loading it too light.

As it happens, my go to in it's place is titegroup. Anything large bore and I'm leaning towards unique or blue dot.

Since I only have a pound or so of hs-6 left I may give it a second chance with some 38 loads or maybe 9mm super.
    I know only one person that likes HS-6 for 9mm and he is getting good results. However, he is loading to the point that many of his primers are "flatten" by over pressure. A bit too far for my comfort level. CFE-Pistol seems to get the velocity without the exposure to over pressure. Probably should also look at Winchester 572 as a "clean" and "modern" alternative to HS-6.
    Military Camp

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    MY experience with HS-6 is NOT extensive, but I'm betting you will have better results in 9mm super than in .38 Special. To get HS-6 to work as it should, I would expect .38 Special loads will have to be well in in excess of +P pressures. This isn't a problem, as long as these rounds never find their way into a .38 Spl. cylinder, but can be disaster if they do.

Top Bottom