• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    I don't think I've ever talked about this here, sorry if I have before.

I personally like the color/camo of these hats, but they usually say Army or Navy or in the least have a USA flag on it. I'm just worried that someone will think I either served or am a fake or something. What do you think?

--Higgins909
    ARJ Defense ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Why would someone think you're prior or active military? When you're in the military, you take it off in your down time. You don't wear that $hit.

Dude, buy all the hats you want. It's ok. Some are pretty cool.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    If you're just interested in the camo patterns of respective branches there are some out there with no writing. You may want to search for an operator style hat with that particular camo pattern.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't think I've ever talked about this here, sorry if I have before.

I personally like the color/camo of these hats, but they usually say Army or Navy or in the least have a USA flag on it. I'm just worried that someone will think I either served or am a fake or something. What do you think?

--Higgins909
    Can you show some pictures of what you're talking about?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    KEPI-JEAN%20WOOL%20copy.jpg

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The only hats I can think of based on what you said in your initial post that you would be talking about are the camo ones with the velcro patch on front. If that's all you're talking about - then yea. Vets like them but so do mall ninjas. If you're talking about the actual uniform covers that military personnel are currently wearing - only non-military associated people may think you're military. I don't know of a single service member who would wear one of those with civilian clothes for daily wear.

These are about the only style of hats I can think of where your average reasonable person would think that you're wearing it because you're a vet.

Attachments

• 58_pic_3.jpg
      58_pic_3.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 215
    • 904_pic_2.jpg
      904_pic_2.jpg
      111.7 KB · Views: 204
    • 14799_pic_1.jpg
      14799_pic_1.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 160
    • 16171_pic_2.jpg
      16171_pic_2.jpg
      59.9 KB · Views: 156

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My grandfather had a WWI picture of my great grandfather's platoon, he was the original joker ( Full Metal Jacket) he wore a confederate officers uniform in it. I wish I would have gotten it.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just note that each service has its own distinctive camouflage pattern at the moment, so if you wear one of the ACU, ABU, NWU or MARPAT patterns some may assume you were in that particular service; but for the most part it doesn't really matter as long as you don't portray yourself as a vet if you're not one. It may technically be legal to lie about military service as long as a person don't profit from it, but it's really despicable.

But if anyone gives you shit simply for wearing camouflage--even if one from the military services--tell them take a hike.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've always thought the pants are the best part. BDU summer pants are my absolute favorite. The most comfortable garment I've wore. You can get them dirty and they look clean. Perfect amount of baggy.

The pants are ok too. The line is if you wear medals and claim them as yours. Everything else is cool. No biggy in buying the whole outfit. Blouse, bottoms, cover. The newer multicam is cutting edge. Something that actually works. Super ok to buy that too.

It's the medals that's a no go. Otherwise it's a Halloween dove hunting camouflage costume.

Top Bottom