What do You Think part2

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Wedge, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Off-limits to CHL's even if no 30.06 sign is posted:
    School buildings - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    School grounds where a school sponsored activity is on-going - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    School bus, or other school passenger transportation vehicle. - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    Polling place on election day (including early voting) - TPC §46.03(a)(2)
    Court or court office. - TPC §46.03(a)(3)
    Race track (licensed for betting) - TPC §46.03(a)(4)
    Airport secured area (past metal-detectors in terminal building) TPC §46.03(a)(5)
    Within 1,000 feet of a place of execution on the day of an execution, but only if given notice (not a 30.06 notice). - TPC §46.03(a)(6)
    51% locations ("bars") - businesses that derive 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption. TPC §46.035(b)(1)
    Highschool, collegiate, interscholastic, or professional sporting events. TPC §46.035(b)(2).
    Correctional facility - TPC §46.035(b)(3).

Off-limits to CHL's ONLY if a 30.06 sign is posted:
    Note: The statutory requirement for a 30.06 sign or notice is not found in the individual Penal Code provisions cited after each location. The requirement is set forth in TPC §46.035(j).

Hospital or nursing home. TPC §46.035(b)(4).
    Amusement park (as statutorily defined below). TPC §46.035(b)(5).
    Church, synagogue or other established place of worship. TPC §46.035(b)(6).
    Meetings of governmental entities. TPC §46.035(c).

Relevant statutory definitions from TPC §46.035(f):

(1) "Amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

(3) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.
    [​IMG]
    Charles L. Cotton
    (4) You are intoxicated
    (5) You fail to conceal your gun properly
    (6) You are in a street gang
    (7) You are involved in criminal activity
    Helping Double Action and TexInv out with me asking for your help. Thanks guys for all your inputs

2. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    Seems really nice. I think I might save this one, if you don't mind.

3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Your second one is a little off;

The law reads, "ANY grounds". An example; last summer the Arlington and Grand Prairie ISDs held their graduations at Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie. Nokia is not normally off limits, but was for those events.

I do not believe that if I am at the Aquarium and a school field trip comes in that the place becomes off limits.

If the Aquarium is leased by a school or ISD for the day, then yes.

Also missing is that it is a violation to carry while intoxicated or if you intentionally fail to conceal the handgun.

This statement is not true;
    ANY 30.06 notice is effective. The places listed below in your post really don't need to be listed, as 30.06 notice is 30.06 notice, period.

If you violate 30.06 and are convicted it is a class A Misdemeanor, meaning your CHL can be revoked for 5 years. However, if you carry against 30.06 notice in any of the places listed in 46.035 your license can be permanently revoked.

4. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Thanks fixed it. Didnt add the criminal charges. Like if you are found guilty of a misdameaner (cant spell)

5. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

umm, it does not look fixed.

6. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Added the If intoxicated on the bottom and a few more I though of. You kinda lost me on the school thing. Hey for the Texas State Fair not sure if the 51% is in effect or not. I have never been there so what is the rule at the fair.

7. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    51% at the fair? Or do you mean 30.06?

Regardless, one can carry at the state fair.

8. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    No its Texas so I know there are some drinkers out there:texas:. Wasnt sure if that was a large part of there sales. Your correct I should just ask 30.06 sign was there.

9. jagged97

jagged97 New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Euless, TX
    from the state fair of texas website...
    "A person holding a valid concealed handgun license is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun. Licenses will be examined at the entrance by an authorized security supervisor. Handguns will not be permitted inside the Cotton Bowl, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as "the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place." We want the Fair to be a fun and safe experience."

Link: http://www.bigtex.com/generalinfo/faqs/bring.asp

10. txinvestigator

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

My fixes are in red