• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Off-limits to CHL's even if no 30.06 sign is posted:
    School buildings - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    School grounds where a school sponsored activity is on-going - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    School bus, or other school passenger transportation vehicle. - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    Polling place on election day (including early voting) - TPC §46.03(a)(2)
    Court or court office. - TPC §46.03(a)(3)
    Race track (licensed for betting) - TPC §46.03(a)(4)
    Airport secured area (past metal-detectors in terminal building) TPC §46.03(a)(5)
    Within 1,000 feet of a place of execution on the day of an execution, but only if given notice (not a 30.06 notice). - TPC §46.03(a)(6)
    51% locations ("bars") - businesses that derive 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption. TPC §46.035(b)(1)
    Highschool, collegiate, interscholastic, or professional sporting events. TPC §46.035(b)(2).
    Correctional facility - TPC §46.035(b)(3).

Off-limits to CHL's ONLY if a 30.06 sign is posted:
    Note: The statutory requirement for a 30.06 sign or notice is not found in the individual Penal Code provisions cited after each location. The requirement is set forth in TPC §46.035(j).

Hospital or nursing home. TPC §46.035(b)(4).
    Amusement park (as statutorily defined below). TPC §46.035(b)(5).
    Church, synagogue or other established place of worship. TPC §46.035(b)(6).
    Meetings of governmental entities. TPC §46.035(c).

Relevant statutory definitions from TPC §46.035(f):

(1) "Amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

(3) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

Charles L. Cotton
    (4) You are intoxicated
    (5) You fail to conceal your gun properly
    (6) You are in a street gang
    (7) You are involved in criminal activity
    Helping Double Action and TexInv out with me asking for your help. Thanks guys for all your inputs
    Military Camp

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Your second one is a little off;

School grounds where a school sponsored activity is on-going - TPC §46.03(a)(1)

The law reads, "ANY grounds". An example; last summer the Arlington and Grand Prairie ISDs held their graduations at Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie. Nokia is not normally off limits, but was for those events.

I do not believe that if I am at the Aquarium and a school field trip comes in that the place becomes off limits.

If the Aquarium is leased by a school or ISD for the day, then yes.

Also missing is that it is a violation to carry while intoxicated or if you intentionally fail to conceal the handgun.

This statement is not true;
    Off-limits to CHL's ONLY if a 30.06 sign is posted

ANY 30.06 notice is effective. The places listed below in your post really don't need to be listed, as 30.06 notice is 30.06 notice, period.

If you violate 30.06 and are convicted it is a class A Misdemeanor, meaning your CHL can be revoked for 5 years. However, if you carry against 30.06 notice in any of the places listed in 46.035 your license can be permanently revoked.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Thanks fixed it. Didnt add the criminal charges. Like if you are found guilty of a misdameaner (cant spell)

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Added the If intoxicated on the bottom and a few more I though of. You kinda lost me on the school thing. Hey for the Texas State Fair not sure if the 51% is in effect or not. I have never been there so what is the rule at the fair.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Added the If intoxicated on the bottom and a few more I though of. You kinda lost me on the school thing. Hey for the Texas State Fair not sure if the 51% is in effect or not. I have never been there so what is the rule at the fair.

51% at the fair? Or do you mean 30.06?

Regardless, one can carry at the state fair.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    No its Texas so I know there are some drinkers out there. Wasnt sure if that was a large part of there sales. Your correct I should just ask 30.06 sign was there.

jagged97

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Euless, TX
    from the state fair of texas website...
    "A person holding a valid concealed handgun license is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun. Licenses will be examined at the entrance by an authorized security supervisor. Handguns will not be permitted inside the Cotton Bowl, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as "the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place." We want the Fair to be a fun and safe experience."

Link: [url]http://www.bigtex.com/generalinfo/faqs/bring.asp[/URL]

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Off-limits to CHL's even if no 30.06 sign is posted:
    School buildings - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    ANY grounds where a school sponsored activity is on-going - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    School bus, or other school passenger transportation vehicle. - TPC §46.03(a)(1)
    Polling place on election day (including early voting) - TPC §46.03(a)(2)
    Court or court office. - TPC §46.03(a)(3)
    Race track (licensed for betting) - TPC §46.03(a)(4)
    Airport secured area (past metal-detectors in terminal building) TPC §46.03(a)(5)
    Within 1,000 feet of a place of execution on the day of an execution, but only if given notice (not a 30.06 notice). - TPC §46.03(a)(6)
    51% locations ("bars") - businesses that derive 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption. TPC §46.035(b)(1)
    Highschool, collegiate, interscholastic, or professional sporting events. TPC §46.035(b)(2).
    Correctional facility - TPC §46.035(b)(3).
    You are intoxicated
    You inteltionally fail to conceal your handgun

Off-limits to CHL's ONLY if a 30.06 NOTICE IS GIVEN:
    Note: The statutory requirement for a 30.06 sign or notice is not found in the individual Penal Code provisions cited after each location. The requirement is set forth in TPC §46.035(j).

No need to list them. 30.06 are ALL off limits

Relevant statutory definitions from TPC §46.035(f):

(1) "Amusement park" means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

(3) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

(6) You are in a street gang This has nothing to do with CHL carry
    (7) You are involved in criminal activity Nothing to do with CHL carry.
    Helping Double Action and TexInv out with me asking for your help. Thanks guys for all your inputs

My fixes are in red

nickro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Houston
    So I'm a little confused about the carrying in church, maybe somebody can help me out. The other day I was at a church and I was carrying concealed, I was not in the church itself, but rather in an adjacent building. This building does not have a 30.06 sign posted anywhere that I have seen, so I thought it would be ok for me to carry here. So getting to my point, I was in the building when one of the other parishioners approched me to give me a hug, she put her arms around my waist and felt my gun in concealment under my shirt. She then began to give me a lecture about how this is a church and I am not allowed to carry my gun here and that I would have to go to my car and take it off. I told her that this building was not part of the main church (where the worship services are held.) and that there was no sign posted of any kind telling me I couldn't carry my gun. She then got one of the other parishioners involved who began trying to quote the 30.06 statute altough failing terribly in my opinion and saying that I couldn't carry here. He also brought out a church printed paper that stated that weapons and guns were not allowed on church property. So in order to keep from causing a problem and getting more people involed than already were I just went outside and put my gun in the car.

So, I guess I am wondering if it is ok for me to carry in the church or the other church buildings if there is no 30.06 sign posted? Also if there is some other kind of sign for example other than a 30.06 sign that states no guns or for instance a rule book stating no guns allowed are these forms of notification valid?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So I'm a little confused about the carrying in church, maybe somebody can help me out. The other day I was at a church and I was carrying concealed, I was not in the church itself, but rather in an adjacent building. This building does not have a 30.06 sign posted anywhere that I have seen, so I thought it would be ok for me to carry here. So getting to my point, I was in the building when one of the other parishioners approched me to give me a hug, she put her arms around my waist and felt my gun in concealment under my shirt.
    How did she know it was a gun? Just tell the person it is a private matter and you do not discuss what the object is.

Learn how to hug while carrying. Especially in churches, be prepared for the hug You always hug under their arms, forcing their arms higher than your waist.

She then began to give me a lecture about how this is a church and I am not allowed to carry my gun here and that I would have to go to my car and take it off. I told her that this building was not part of the main church (where the worship services are held.) and that there was no sign posted of any kind telling me I couldn't carry my gun. She then got one of the other parishioners involved who began trying to quote the 30.06 statute altough failing terribly in my opinion and saying that I couldn't carry here. He also brought out a church printed paper that stated that weapons and guns were not allowed on church property. So in order to keep from causing a problem and getting more people involed than already were I just went outside and put my gun in the car.

So, I guess I am wondering if it is ok for me to carry in the church or the other church buildings if there is no 30.06 sign posted? Also if there is some other kind of sign for example other than a 30.06 sign that states no guns or for instance a rule book stating no guns allowed are these forms of notification valid?

As far as buildings are concerned, if it is part of the church property, 30.06 will apply to it.

If you will google Texas Penal Code and look up 30.06 you can see the exact text of the law.

Churches are NOT off limits unless you receive notice under 30.06. That notice can be verbal notice from someone with apparent authority to act for the owner of the property.

Notice can be in three forms. ANY verbal notice. A card or other document with the exact wording of the 30.06 sign, only it need not be in Spanish or the letters one inch tall, or a 30.06 sign which must meet the 1 inch tall letter requirements and be in both English and Spanish.

nickro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Houston
    I'm going to much more careful in the future when I give out hugs carrying. I didn't really have a chance to deny it she immediately knew what it was and asked me why it was I was carrying a gun.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Was the Church itself 30.06 posted?

Anyway, I'm a little bit nervous about the 30.06 cards. Do they have to hand one to you, or do they just have to be near the door when you walk in?

That bit about hugging tactics advise was awesome, by the way. I'd never really thought of it, but it makes a lot of sense.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Was the Church itself 30.06 posted?

Anyway, I'm a little bit nervous about the 30.06 cards. Do they have to hand one to you, or do they just have to be near the door when you walk in?

That bit about hugging tactics advise was awesome, by the way. I'd never really thought of it, but it makes a lot of sense.

If it is "posted" where you would have to see it, then it has to meet the sign requirements. There is nothing to be nervous about. It is really pretty simple.

If someone hands you a card that has the proper language on it, then you have been given notice. If you are given a phamplet that has the proper wording in it you have been given notice.

If the pastor says to the congregation, "we do not allow weapons in our church", then you have been given notice.

nickro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Houston
    There is no 30.06 sign posted at the church that I have seen. Also the rule page that this parishoner showed me did not have the proper wording, it just stated that there was no weapons or guns allowed on the property.

Top Bottom