APOD Firearms

What do you want to add to your collection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This.

bulgykrinknorinco-01.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    felt like a lot of my time has been on off topic stuff. In the mood for some gun talk.

As my collection grows I find myself buying guns just cause. Even if I don’t shoot most of them a lot I feel a passion to collect them. I like the history of gun manufacturers. What we buy today may some day be hard to find or might end up on forgotten weapons when Ian’s grandchildren run it.

Some things I want to get are:

A glock 37. No one seems to care about this failed attempt but I think 45 gap was a neat attempt to bring a 45 cal into a 17ish package.

Beretta arx. I definitely want to collect this one. The Canadians use it don’t they?

A Swiss k31.

A 1917. I love these.

A pre64 Winchester. I got to shoot one and my gosh did it’s accuracy shocked me. Talk about a potential deer slaying king.

Any French mas. Neat guns.

I want another marlin 9. Love those camp carbines.

What about you?

I am a hopeless collecting addict. Makes my wife a little more crazy every day. After thirty years she is getting used to it. There are so many pieces that catch my eye and some that I am always on the hunt for. Mainly US historical pieces from the 19th century. Unusual variations of old west rifles and revolvers. Neat old Colt's make my palms sweat. Muskets, single shot big bore guns andso much to mention.... It's all fun!

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    felt like a lot of my time has been on off topic stuff. In the mood for some gun talk.

As my collection grows I find myself buying guns just cause. Even if I don’t shoot most of them a lot I feel a passion to collect them. I like the history of gun manufacturers. What we buy today may some day be hard to find or might end up on forgotten weapons when Ian’s grandchildren run it.

Some things I want to get are:

A glock 37. No one seems to care about this failed attempt but I think 45 gap was a neat attempt to bring a 45 cal into a 17ish package.

Beretta arx. I definitely want to collect this one. The Canadians use it don’t they?

A Swiss k31.

A 1917. I love these.

A pre64 Winchester. I got to shoot one and my gosh did it’s accuracy shocked me. Talk about a potential deer slaying king.

Any French mas. Neat guns.

I want another marlin 9. Love those camp carbines.

What about you?
    I just picked up an old Marlin Model 1888 44-40 saddle ring carbine. Never saw one before so I had to get it. Shoots good too, just strange.

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    I’m finding I really want a Swiss K-31 more and more, I probably missed the boat on them and looks like the surplus ammo supply is drying up.
    Also looking at selling my RPR in 6.5CM and replacing it with another Tikka CTR in 6.5CM. Im shooting my Tikka CTR in 308 a lot more than dragging out the RPR and setting it up. Maybe a AR pistol in 9mm or a AR pistol in 7.63x39.
    But other than that nothing is exciting me right now.

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I don't know that there is anything I really need! Need is the key word here...want is a whole different story. I am leaning toward a significant historic or exceptionally rare piece. I love old Winchester Model 1873's or a nice 1876 Winchester. I have a love affair with .45-70 rifles but it is hard to decide is anymore would be a plus. Maybe a Whitney Kennedy lever action or a neat Sharps Express Rifle. Historic Old West Six-guns are always fascinating. I love to sit on the rug in my gun room and fondle the pieces I have been fortunate to get in my life.
    Any requests? I'd be willing to share some peeks.... No BS!
    gun grabber.jpg
    gun grabber.jpg
    DSC_0022-b.jpg
    P1010023.JPG

Attachments

• gun grabber.jpg
      gun grabber.jpg
      134.6 KB · Views: 283
    • DSC_0022-b.jpg
      DSC_0022-b.jpg
      107.7 KB · Views: 264
    • P1010023.JPG
      P1010023.JPG
      332.9 KB · Views: 264

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Want to add a Taurus Judge or S&W Governor (preferred). Been on the list for awhile, but keeps getting pushed back for various semis. After that, a second AR.

Top Bottom