jgedmond

Dec 2, 2008
Spring
Hoppes for the bore and breech areas followed by CLP
Rem Action Cleaner followed by CLP everywhere else

daddySEAL

Sep 12, 2008
Leander, TX
Since I found GUNZILLA about a year ago, it is ALL that I ever use, or need for Everything!
It is absolutely incredable.
I've sent cases of it to friends in Iraq...the say it's the best thing they've ever used. I totally agree.
An Unbelievable clearer, lube, bore/metal preservative. That has NO bad odor, does not tear their hands up with daily cleaning from the usual chemicals...and almost NO malfunctions or jams, recleaning is easier and quicker.

TopDuck Products, LLC - Creators of Gunzilla

dS
If you can read this, thank a TEACHER....
Since you are reading this in
English, Thank a SOLDIER!

Major Woody

Sep 12, 2008
I use CLP or WD 40 for cleaning, Ed's Red cleaner for heavier cleaning with an Sonic Care toothbrush [save the old heads]. Then I reassemble with Wilson Combat oil and put some Mother's FX Polymer car Wax on a patch and it gets a ton more out of the barrel. Wait until it drys and "polish" it with another patch. Be sure to clean your chamber good. A little different but it works.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
Mar 17, 2008
Dallas Texas or so
I use something called SweetShooter. It is a dip and dunk that cleans, lubes and protects. If you follow the instructions, it gets in the pores of the steel. After about 50 years of shooting, all I can say is this is magic. The more you use it, the easier it is to clean the bore. 8 strokes with a brush, 4 patches later it is spotless. With new 1911's I detail strip them and clean them, then submerge in SweetShooter and heat the pan to about 125 degrees. Then fish out the parts and let them drain dry. For any cleanings after that I just dip and dunk, drain dry with no heat. I have one pistol with 5k rounds through it that has only been cleaned this way and it has never malfunctioned. I do lube with their grease on the rails, muzzle and barrel lugs.

I've been using the same gallon for about 2.5 years and can detect no wear on any of my guns in excess of what I would expect from using other cleaners.

It is not cheap, but it sure saves time. I can clean 4 pistols in less than 40 minutes. Oh by the way, I am picky on clean. I mean real picky.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
Jan 5, 2009
All of my firearms are treated with SweetShooter too.

I also use that blue grease that he sells, and since I began using that, I have never had a failure to eject, every firearms functions.

I put Hoppes in barrels while still at the range, and let them soak all the way home before I finish cleaning them.

I also use CLP after the Hoppes, and sometimes KROil as well.

Then a generous coat of any good gun oil, wipe off the excess, and add the magic blue grease to anything that shines.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
Feb 29, 2008
Texas
El Cheapo brake cleaner at local auto parts store for really flushing out the gunk and synthetic Castrol 20w-50 motor oil for lube.

Works for me.....

BTW, be careful with the plastic and wood gun parts using the brake cleaner...

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics