• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Since I found GUNZILLA about a year ago, it is ALL that I ever use, or need for Everything!
    It is absolutely incredable.
    I've sent cases of it to friends in Iraq...the say it's the best thing they've ever used. I totally agree.
    An Unbelievable clearer, lube, bore/metal preservative. That has NO bad odor, does not tear their hands up with daily cleaning from the usual chemicals...and almost NO malfunctions or jams, recleaning is easier and quicker.

TopDuck Products, LLC - Creators of Gunzilla

dS
    If you can read this, thank a TEACHER....
    Since you are reading this in
    English, Thank a SOLDIER!

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I use CLP or WD 40 for cleaning, Ed's Red cleaner for heavier cleaning with an Sonic Care toothbrush [save the old heads]. Then I reassemble with Wilson Combat oil and put some Mother's FX Polymer car Wax on a patch and it gets a ton more out of the barrel. Wait until it drys and "polish" it with another patch. Be sure to clean your chamber good. A little different but it works.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I use something called SweetShooter. It is a dip and dunk that cleans, lubes and protects. If you follow the instructions, it gets in the pores of the steel. After about 50 years of shooting, all I can say is this is magic. The more you use it, the easier it is to clean the bore. 8 strokes with a brush, 4 patches later it is spotless. With new 1911's I detail strip them and clean them, then submerge in SweetShooter and heat the pan to about 125 degrees. Then fish out the parts and let them drain dry. For any cleanings after that I just dip and dunk, drain dry with no heat. I have one pistol with 5k rounds through it that has only been cleaned this way and it has never malfunctioned. I do lube with their grease on the rails, muzzle and barrel lugs.

I've been using the same gallon for about 2.5 years and can detect no wear on any of my guns in excess of what I would expect from using other cleaners.

It is not cheap, but it sure saves time. I can clean 4 pistols in less than 40 minutes. Oh by the way, I am picky on clean. I mean real picky.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    All of my firearms are treated with SweetShooter too.

I also use that blue grease that he sells, and since I began using that, I have never had a failure to eject, every firearms functions.

I put Hoppes in barrels while still at the range, and let them soak all the way home before I finish cleaning them.

I also use CLP after the Hoppes, and sometimes KROil as well.

Then a generous coat of any good gun oil, wipe off the excess, and add the magic blue grease to anything that shines.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    El Cheapo brake cleaner at local auto parts store for really flushing out the gunk and synthetic Castrol 20w-50 motor oil for lube.

Works for me.....

BTW, be careful with the plastic and wood gun parts using the brake cleaner...

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Still trying to find my spot. ATM, I use Hoppes (stinks the place up) mop/lube/patches, along with CLP. Tried CLP spray for the first time tonight Spray seems to do a great job but is messy as hell.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Gunzilla !!

Again...GUNZILLA...GUNZILLA...GUNZILLA
    (watch and read this!!)
    TopDuck Products, LLC - Creators of Gunzilla

There is Nothing bad to say about it...It Doe Everything, and more than most. Is EXCEPTIONALLY and Great in ALL/MANY Ways!!!

dS
    I clean my guns on the living room table...my lady does not mind now.
    And it is ALL I use for Everything since I found it about 2 years ago!!
    AMAZING!!

FM-793

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    SW Houston - Westbury
    Still trying to find my spot. ATM, I use Hoppes (stinks the place up) mop/lube/patches, along with CLP. Tried CLP spray for the first time tonight Spray seems to do a great job but is messy as hell.

Hoppes #9, stuck with the classic. Stink? No way - Hoppes No. 9 is a great smell, loaded with memories. It's like the smell of a freshly oiled tarp on the back of a deuce and a half, or aviation fuel, dust and sweat in the back of a hot C-130.

And this one perfume that this French-Canadiangirl in Montreal... oh, sorry - off topic.

Top Bottom