• ...and so much more!
  • Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Does finding a long lost gun count

So wayyyy back in Cali when I turned 18 or 16 what ever age you could buy a pistol I purchased a Phoenix arms Raven 25 acp. Was a astronomical 49.99 new. So fast forward my home in Etawanda Ca

Was broken into and it was stolen along with my glock 19 also purchased a few weeks after the raven. about a year and a half latter I was contacted by San Bernadino Sheriff department that A gun was recovered from a bucket of water and I could come pick it up. So do all the paperwork to get it still did not know what gun was recovered or its condition they could not tell me till I took possession lol. So it was the Raven and it was rusted pitted and all jacked up. I took it all apart and it ended up getting tossed in a box as I was moving again.

6 or so weeks latter I get another call the glock was recovered in the waist band of a student at the local high school and after it was ran through ballistics and other tests if it had not been used in a crime I could come and get it. If it had been used in a crime I would have to wait for the case to get finished before I could recover it. It was in almost perfect shape other than some blue wore off the side where it had been in a waist band quite a bit.

Back to the Raven. It was long lost in a box in the move and then another move 7 ish years ago when I came out here. Well I was cleaning the garage and look what popped up my first gun I purchased

So I lubed it up and put it all back together. Other than the pitting in the blue its seems to function. Now I need to find some 25acp. All I remember about shooting it was at 10 yards you could litteraly see the bullet come out of the gun and spiral down range. Out of the 6 rounds you were lucky if 2 were on paper

not bad for a 30 year old gun

raven%2025acp.jpg
    If long lost guns count, I dug out my Vz 70 from the bottom of the safe (didn't even remember it being put there) after our recent move back to Texas.

Being a cal. 7.65, I never really had a lot of interest in carrying a .32 caliber pistol.

However, after reading that .32 caliber was the minimum caliber allowed to qualify for CHL purposes, I got her out and cleaned her up so my wife, whose arthritic hands and wrists requires something light wieght and with a fairly soft recoil spring, can go take her license test.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
    Gun Zone Deals

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I wish I had not found it 25 acp is 23 bucks for 50 rounds and thats the cheap stuff

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Stopped by Dawson Precision this morning and ordered the new Guardian 2011 from STI. The money's been paid, now the wait begins! They are saying 8-12 weeks, but had the last one show up in two weeks so who knows.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      20.6 KB · Views: 455

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    Bought ammo today to shoot tomorrow.

During the last 10 days I've bought 3.
    To shoot all tomorrow.

1. Colt Magnum Carry 1999 wheelgun.
    Like new. A find.

2. Remington AAC Model 7 300BLK to fix my AAC suppressor to.
    Had a lemon Remington 700 300BLK I traded for it.
    Wondering what optic optimizes the mortar-like subsonic 300BLK. Any recommendations?

3. FNH FNX-45 Tactical. Really looking fondly to shoot that suppressed.

HKS

I was shooting mine with 220 subsonic (1000 fps) and getting around an 8 to 10 in drop at 100 yd compared to 110 supersonic. I have a sig tac cp1. It has hash marks below crosshairs (whatever you call them). I would recommend that one or one that can accommodate a 24 in drop at around 200-250 yd. Could be a good 250 yd rifle. Who knows what speeds or energy you get past 200 yd...

How do we arm the other 11??

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I have one of those! #3537X H.Koon Dallas TX....yours seems to be in MUCH better shape however..:(

It's in amazing shape. And the SN is in the 2000's. There's a bit of wear on the grip from use, but otherwise I'm very pleased with it. Not long after this pic was taken it became the first firearm either of my boys got to fire.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    CZ vz52 chambered in 9X19

I was in my local pawn shop and saw a sad puppy in the window so I had to give it a good home.

I have an original in 7.62X25 but this one is 9X19 and the grips 'grabbed-me'. I don't see much info on the conversion to 9mm except that some replacement barrels were made.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/cz-52-9-mm-luger-replacement-barrel?a=359182

http://www.makarov.com/cz52/

I have a Tokarev in 38 Super Auto and several in the original 7.62X25 so conversions interest me.
    I hope the magazine holds the 'shorty' 9mm and feeds properly.

A little over $200 out the door.

bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    scored a gun I have been looking for a while now on GB

Bond Arms 44 magnum also has a 410/45lc but thats one I already have. I have not gotten it yet but here is a shot from the GB page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tehboogyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Houston, Texas
    I bought a CZ P-09 from Bud's last Tuesday and it still hasn't shipped. I'm pretty irritated that it's taking so long after reading nothing but overwhelming good reviews about Bud's. This might be my first and last order from them.
    wm_7499480.jpg

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    not sure if you noticed or how you paid but if you used the Echeck option it adds at least 5 days before it is put in que to ship. So its 5 days to clear then the 3-5 days to prep for shipping at best.

I bought a CZ P-09 from Bud's last Tuesday and it still hasn't shipped. I'm pretty irritated that it's taking so long after reading nothing but overwhelming good reviews about Bud's. This might be my first and last order from them.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    wm_7499480.jpg
    When I bought my cz455 from Bud's, I got a call from the ffl before it said shipped on the website. I think my total time was 6 days.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Just bought it Sunday and won't get a chance till this weekend. I did clean it though and it was very fast and easy.

I really hope you are coming to Hicksville. I've been thinking real hard on one of those. My problem is I want the Volquartsen barrel, but I also have no interest in an optic.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Still haven't got to shoot my new Buckmark pistol. Dang I've been busy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom