• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Just ordered the new HK VP9L OR(Optics Ready Long Slide)
    Gonna have to get a magwell flare funnel, looks pretty funky without it, of course it will function much faster too :D.

79J5z6q.jpg

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin

I went and held one of those today with intent to purchase but the longer grip didn’t do it for me. I already had a couple 19s and a 26. I wanted to take advantage of the veteran blue label program so I looked at all the 9mm options and come home with a 48 (single stack 10rd). I bought it “for my wife” knowing she has been to the range once in ten years of marriage.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I went and held one of those today with intent to purchase but the longer grip didn’t do it for me. I already had a couple 19s and a 26. I wanted to take advantage of the veteran blue label program so I looked at all the 9mm options and come home with a 48 (single stack 10rd). I bought it “for my wife” knowing she has been to the range once in ten years of marriage.
    Like you, I have G19's and already had a G19X. I think the G19X is made backwards, should be a G19 frame with a G17 slide. But, what do I know? Look at the prices the G19X is bringing on GB. They are crazy!
    I had a G48 and traded it off. I still have 2 new in the package magazines for it, so I need to get another one. Maybe if your wife doesn't like it, she'll sell it to me. If she does like it, maybe she'll buy my magazines. Hahaha

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Like you, I have G19's and already had a G19X. I think the G19X is made backwards, should be a G19 frame with a G17 slide. But, what do I know? Look at the prices the G19X is bringing on GB. They are crazy!
    I had a G48 and traded it off. I still have 2 new in the package magazines for it, so I need to get another one. Maybe if your wife doesn't like it, she'll sell it to me. If she does like it, maybe she'll buy my magazines. Hahaha

I’m with you on the G19 frame with a G17 slide. So I bought the Polymer 80 version. It takes 19 mags (flush fit) and has a 17 slide. I forget what model it is. Love it!
    46eb340fb67bbe6bb01bb0a9790cca27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Built an AR for the first time today. I started with a complete upper and a stripped lower. It's all PSA stuff. Took about an hour, and I worked slowly & methodically. The 3D printed tools worked out great. I didn't use or need the lower vise block. Gun seems super solid so far. Next project is a Bravo Company build, I think. These Adult Danger Legos are super fun.

It's a gateway drug!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    How much? And where...for the takedown? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    Well, you want the Takedown it's a little bit more:
    1599413950517.png

It's not exactly cheap, $370 from Volquartsen, but doing some internet surfing you may find it a little cheaper. Carbon fiber bull barrels are great for both weight and accuracy, but you can find more expensive. I was giving a suggestion by posting the other. Here's mine:

0927181939.jpg

The Machinist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2019
    Austin
    Well, you want the Takedown it's a little bit more:
    View attachment 226044

It's not exactly cheap, $370 from Volquartsen, but doing some internet surfing you may find it a little cheaper. Carbon fiber bull barrels are great for both weight and accuracy, but you can find more expensive. I was giving a suggestion by posting the other. Here's mine:

View attachment 226046
    Thanks,you got me thinking now..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    A couple of years ago, three of us were out of town and stopped at a gun shop to look around. One buddy was looking in the case at a Smith & Wesson 340PD Scandium J frame .357 Magnum. The counter guy was telling him how extremely rare this gun was, nearly unobtainable. My buddy was taking all of this in and never said anything.
    I knew that he had three of those very same revolvers on him that very minute. That was his daily carry, one in each vest pocket and one in his pants pocket.

Top Bottom