• kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Henry Big Boy in .45 Colt. :santa:

H012MX_Main.jpg
    Oooh! I was just looking at those on GB. Very nice!
    Guns International

Danny2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Terrell
    My very first wheel gun! Taurus defender 856. 3" Barrel .38 Special.

Bought it almost 2 months ago and have yet to find any .38 Special so I can't shoot it. Sure, I can find it around 80+ Cents a round but I refuse to pay that. Wish I could trade some 9mm or something for some lol.

I'll find some eventully!
    View attachment 236655
    I hear ya! I have a Smith & Wesson revolver that I cant shoot either. Im keeping my eyes open for ammo

RojerLockless

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Houston
    Dude ... what part of Houston? Asking 'cause I will give you a box of 38sp semi wad cutters so you can shoot your revolver. Just replace'm when you finally score.

I'm in SW Houston but I'll be all over town tomorrow and this weekend.

That would be amazing. I'm actually on the se side all day today. Hitting up the Game Preserve to play some pinball tonight! I'll be down here tomorrow too! I'll shoot you a DM. I'd be happy to take you up on that offer and certainly return the favor.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I’m super stoked to get this one in my hands!
    From the GunBroker listing:
    This is a ONE-OF-A-KIND prototype made by Colt for the new J-frame MKIII series guns around 1970. This gun was retained by Colt and only sold in 2008 as the Colt Archives letter indicates. The exact production date of this prototype is unknown but is expected to be in or just before 1970. This gun is chambered in .357 Magnum, has a high polish blue (maybe Royal Blue) finish, an unusual short hammer spur and a heavy/bull barrel. The only Colt marking present is the rampant colt in the normal position. Grips that remind of later Lawman snub grips with COLT etched into the wood are also very unusual. The serial is only found on the crane as 7400 and is similarly reflected in the letter. The J PROTO label on the butt is also mentioned in the letter. The gun shows very moderate signs of use with only superficial finish imperfections, which is particularly good for a prototype that was likely tested and handled a lot. I am sure that Colt decided to keep the best one they had. This is the gun that was the basis for the MKIII Trooper, Lawman, Metropolitan, Border Patrol, Official Police MKIII and the rare Officers Model Match sixth issue. You will not find another like it. Own a piece of Colt history.

Attachments

• 395C295C-2C10-4464-8E74-929400B38BF5.png
      395C295C-2C10-4464-8E74-929400B38BF5.png
      236.8 KB · Views: 280

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Not today but this week. Detonics Combat Master MKVI

View attachment 236507
    That's quite a looker, and I love the grip panels!
    I was once searching for one myself, but the price tag was always a bit high on the rare occurrence when I'd finally run across one. I finally dismissed it in my mind because the rear sight is so far forward and it doesn't have a grip safety, so I opted for a Kimber Ultra CDP.
    May I ask what amount you had to pay?

Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    That's quite a looker, and I love the grip panels!
    I was once searching for one myself, but the price tag was always a bit high on the rare occurrence when I'd finally run across one. I finally dismissed it in my mind because the rear sight is so far forward and it doesn't have a grip safety, so I opted for a Kimber Ultra CDP.
    May I ask what amount you had to pay?

Well, it wasn’t real cheap but definitely not the out of the ballpark price I’ve seen on some lately. Especially ones with the pouch, box, and paperwork which this one had. I paid $1300. The design of the rear sight position interestingly was done for those who like to carry a 1911 style pistol with a loaded chamber but with the hammer down. And as mentioned since the grip safety is deactivated some may be more prone to do so with this little gun. The principle is that by moving the rear sight forward you can quickly grip, draw, and cock the hammer without tearing your thumb to shreds on the sight.

Last edited:

SW Guy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Pearland, TX
    Well, I’ve come full circle. I used to have a S&W Centennial Pre Model 40 and sold it many years ago. I was on GunBroker last week when one popped up, numbers matching with factory red box and paperwork. I couldn’t resist and pulled the trigger. I also found an original S&W flyer from 1952 when the Centennial first came out. They sold for $70 back in the day. I’m going to hold on to this one. No more regrets. Thought I would share a few pics.
    3A915AB6-F813-4B8E-8D26-9F9F279DE065.jpeg
    44CB48C4-442C-422B-8BEA-98A67E9D5526.jpeg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, I’ve come full circle. I used to have a S&W Centennial Pre Model 40 and sold it many years ago. I was on GunBroker last week when one popped up, numbers matching with factory red box and paperwork. I couldn’t resist and pulled the trigger. I also found an original S&W flyer from 1952 when the Centennial first came out. They sold for $70 back in the day. I’m going to hold on to this one. No more regrets. Thought I would share a few pics. View attachment 236856 View attachment 236857
    Welcome to the Forum!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom