• Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    20230504_145338.jpg
    20230504_145403.jpg

Won a Gunbroker auction for this SA 1911 last week and finally picked it up from my FFL. Those ugly grips and full length guide rod have to go.

Bring on the fudd jokes!
    Military Camp

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The modern moonpies aren’t very good.
    They cheaped out on ingredients.
    This.

A thousand times this.

I used to treat myself to a box on occasion. It's been years since I've done that. The Moonpies of my youth were quite thick, with lots of lusciously high quality marshmallow filling between graham crackers that were about perfect, slightly thick and tasting fresh-made, with perfect texture. The chocolate they were dipped in was of at least reasonable quality.

Now there's a thin layer of nondescript white stuff in between two round things made of cardboard, all coated in a waxy, reject-quality dark paint that the box claims is chocolate.

It's enough to make an old man cry.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    A tattered old blue box followed me home today.
    View attachment 384463

View attachment 384464

View attachment 384465

So? What’s in the box?

An old cleaning cloth?!?!?
    View attachment 384466

Oh wait. There is something else.

View attachment 384467

View attachment 384468

By gorsh it’s a S&W Model 41.
    Born late ‘72/early ‘73.
    Really had to dig into the trade bait pile to get this one.
    Poor thing was filthy inside. Like 40yr old dried grease inside dirty.
    No matter. She’s clean now and ready to go.
    That old cleaning cloth, if it was in there all along, may have done a good deal of rust prevention for that beauty. It was probably impregnated with silicone. Nice pistol.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Well, I finally received these two that I bid on back on April 22nd. They arrived yesterday, had been slated by UPSPS to be delivered last Tuesday but then seemed to have gotten lost in transit. No one at USPS could say where they were once they left the post office facility in Rochester, NY - they just kept telling me they were in transit but they opened an investigation none the less. I figured they had been stolen based upon a past experience but luckily for me they really were still in transit and as I said were delivered yesterday to my FFL. I guess it should not have been surprising that a few hours after the USPS sent me the delivery notice, they sent another notice to me telling me they were still in transit and would be delivered by 5:15PM; they actually had been delivered at around 1100AM. Frigging post office is amazingly inefficient but then it is part of the gooberment.
    1684098624555.png

The Savage/Stevens Model 94C Hammered, such a deal at $96.05 including buyer's premium. I have not gotten a deal as good as this one in at least a couple of, or maybe even a few, years.

1684098874042.png

The revolver is in excellent little fired condition, like new more or less. It has a slight cyliner ring on the 22LR cylinder and none of the 22WMR cylinder. The shotgun is pretty darned good for a pre 64 single shot economy gun. Lots, almost all I guess, of the case color remains. The barrel has some bluing missing in one spot, the enamel (my guess it that is what they used on it) on the rigger guard could use refinishing and there are small spots of worn or scuffed finish on the foregrip. Otherwise it is nice. I paid about top dollar for it but I am happy with that because it is very nice. Took a chance on it because this time I did not get condition appraisals from the auction house before bidding.

1684099106589.png

My son received the Glock 41 last Monday. Go figure. He said it looks brand new (except for the sights which I think are aftermarket). He is quite happy with it and I cannot fault him on that since it cost him only $452 including the premium.

Who said good deals cannot be found!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom