• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Well, not today but on March 9th I bid on a couple of guns for which I had the high bids and I picked them up yesterday at a local dealer: The first is a Keystone Arm Mosin Nagant 9130 in 22 LR, it is a youth sized model. It is really a nice looking youth rifle although I would rater it has a box magazine instead of being a single shot but such it is.
    nosin Nagant 22 LR.jpg
    mosin nagant 22 LR left.jpg

It is new in the box but when it arrived it was different than the picture in that the rear sight was missing. I imagine it got knocked off somehow at the auction house so I notified them to see if they found it. The owner called Keystone Arms to get me a new sight. I had also emailed Keystone Arms and they got back to me asking for my mailing address. Got an email from them today in which they told me they will put one in the mail to me today. That is pretty good customer service there.

The other I bid on was listed as a Charter Arms AR7, kind of sort of, just about. In the auction photos one can see the word Survival on the stock and the box for it is a Henry US Survival rifle box. When I received it, I saw that the receiver is a Charter Arms receiver. My guess, but only a guess, is that when Henry got the rights to make these rifles, from Charter Arms, they probably also got and used the remaining stock of Charter Arms parts for them and thus the hybrid I received. If I think of it someday, I will contact Henry to inquire if that is correct.

henry US Survival 2 right.jpg
    Henry US Survival rifle 2 left.jpg

It is not new was not listed as a new gun but in fact it does not appear to have ever been fired. I am thinking of throwing my older one (I have an older Henry U.S. Survival rifle as well) in the trunk of my car and keeping this one for a future use or as a gift, just as I imagine the Keystone Arms Mosin Nagant may wind up. Of course, I may sell one or the other or use them in trade. Mostly nowadays, I usually sell my guns at my cost or a bit less when I need to replenish my funds to buy another gun I want but also sometimes make a small profit. I find satisfaction though in getting back what I paid for most of them but am not so foolish as to sell one that has gone up greatly in value for much less than it is currently worth. So while I may sell one that has gone up in value for less than the current market price, it will not be for too much less but would still be a bargain for the buyer.

Top Bottom