• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Well I didn't "buy" it. More of a trade for doing some ac work for a friend of the family. View attachment 136798 View attachment 136799

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Sweet. I've seen worse clean up fine.
    Listen to Moonpie, he is the Man on black powder. They are fairly easy to work on though. Parts prices are not bad either.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    B030F46B-4C2E-4CF1-A5E9-28E10C6E48B1.jpeg
    Who knows what this is?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    No, I assume that square thing in front of the cylinder has something to do with it?

That is the barrel wedge.
    Tap it out as far as it will go.
    Pull the barrel forward and remove.
    Half cock the hammer and pull the cylinder off.
    Gun is now field stripped.
    You can check the barrel bore and cylinder chambers easily.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    That is the barrel wedge.
    Tap it out as far as it will go.
    Pull the barrel forward and remove.
    Half cock the hammer and pull the cylinder off.
    Gun is now field stripped.
    You can check the barrel bore and cylinder chambers easily.
    Neat. I'm gonna take a closer look at it when I get back from my next hitch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I did some shooting of my Ruger LC9S yesterday to discover it's ammunition sensitive.

It likes 9mm '115 Grain' FMJ (3 different brands) but hates 9mm Speer Lawman "147 grain" TMJ's. They fail to feed properly with maddeningly regularity.

With one failure, the 115 grains (shot about 200) rounds, worked just fine. The one failure (going fully into battery) came about I think because by then the feed ramp was pretty dirty.

So, my assessment of this pistol has gone up.

Once, the Sig365 have been out for a year or more and continue to get good grades, I'll probably buy one.

Right now, according to one YT video, they have a going into battery failure rate that's pretty high, per the video.

The Sig Forum guys give the video low marks with heaping helpings of criticism, but I saw what I saw...

C. Stevens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2017
    Gladewater, Tx
    I did some shooting of my Ruger LC9S yesterday to discover it's ammunition sensitive.

It likes 9mm '115 Grain' FMJ (3 different brands) but hates 9mm Speer Lawman "147 grain" TMJ's. They fail to feed properly with maddeningly regularity.

With one failure, the 115 grains (shot about 200) rounds, worked just fine. The one failure (going fully into battery) came about I think because by then the feed ramp was pretty dirty.

Once, the Sig365 have been out for a year or more and continue to get good grades, I'll probably buy one.

Right now, according to one YT video, they have a going into battery failure rate that's pretty high, per the video.

The Sig Forum guys give the video low marks with heaping helpings of criticism, but I saw what I saw...
    I shot a steel plate match this past Saturday with my p229. Did terrible. After the match I shot my p365. 250rds of various ammo without a single issue. Out of the box, no cleaning and factory oiled. I also was happy and bummed out that I shot it way better than my p229. Out of 250 I had 5 misses.

Sent from my Sony Xperia X using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Never had a FTF with 147gr in my LC9, but it couldn't shoot 147gr bullets accurately. I'd get groups twice as large as the 115gr groups. Must be a Ruger thing.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not bad. Especially considering you could barely see the front sight.
    Might have been easier had I had shade, plus I may have done more shooting. I used 3 of the first shots figuring out that it was shooting a bit high, those were the next 7 after out of the 10 round mag. I then shot 4-25 round mags, by then the heat was getting to me.

Top Bottom