• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Took my wife out for a banana split today. That's what she wanted for Mother's Day. While we were at Braum's she said let's go to Home Depot and get that tool chest you've been wanting. I pulled out my phone to see which stores had it in stock as it's a discontinued item. Turns out they had two of them at Greenville. So we head out to Greenville. Picked up the tool chest, a Kreg pocket jig I've been wanting and a large fan for the shop. Had to get to $300 to use HD money for the next year.

I asked if we could head over to Academy. She agreed so off we went. She headed to the shoe department and I headed for the fun department. I looked at reloading stuff, they didn't have anything I really needed/wanted so I headed back to the gun counter. Looked at the handguns and didn't see anything really exciting so I started looking at the long guns.

All of a sudden, there it was, the elusive Ruger PCC. I asked to check it out then hobbled over to the shoe department and started begging and groveling. Finally wore her down and back to the gun counter we go.

20 minutes later I was the very happy owner of a Ruger PCC. No pics because if you've seen one you've seen them all. Going to try and hit the range on Tuesday to give it a try.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    well, I was high bidder on a Saiga 308-1 "project gun"... no furniture, no mag, and possibly a botched conversion (pistol grip hole looks a little wide, and is certainly off-center). Worst case, a little body work welding and It'll fit a pistol grip nut just fine.

by the time I get it home, I'll still be under $700 invested (I was hoping for a better deal... but went $10 above my first max bid to get it)... I would immediately do a conversion, and would use US-made furniture for 922(r) compliance (this isn't my first Saiga conversion).. so the lack of furniture is no issue at all to me

pix351589102.jpg

I've wanted an AK-based 308 for a while... VEPRs are real high $$$, and I lost several bids on Saiga 308s that were more complete than this, since I wouldn't go above $800. This is the 21" version... I'd rather have the 16", but this could always be cut down if it's not accurate enough at that length.

I'll start a thread on completing the conversion when I get it home.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Bought a lower with the SB3 brace to go with my 300blk upper. Now I will have a his and hers AR pistol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    What is "the crack" you refer to?

The frames are made of aluminum alloy.
    There is a small section above an oblong slot on the right side of the frame forward of the mag well where the trigger bar passes thru the frame.
    This develops a crack with use.
    The metal piece can bend upwards and contact the bottom edge of the slide. This can cause malfunctions.
    It is a design fault. Beretta will not repair.
    It isn't that big of an issue really. The gun will run fine with the crack.
    On my blue gun a short section has broken away above the trigger bar. With that piece gone the gun runs perfectly.
    The only ones who worry about The Crack are the ninny collector types.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Whew.. you almost had me there.. for a second I thought you were serious about suggesting and SD9VE! ROFL..
    Yeah.....who in their right mind would want a reliable, dependable, accurate clone of a Glock at half the price of the real thing? We have appearances to keep up.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom