• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • botofogo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Double Oak
    I've been hankering for a revolver and bought my first one yesterday. A 3" Colt King Cobra that I found on sale. Taking it to the range today but I can already tell it feels wonderful in my hand and the trigger is the smoothest I've encountered.

IMG_1428.jpeg

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I've been hankering for a revolver and bought my first one yesterday. A 3" Colt King Cobra that I found on sale. Taking it to the range today but I can already tell it feels wonderful in my hand and the trigger is the smoothest I've encountered.

View attachment 370737
    Other than the cylinder rotates the wrong way it seams to be a well make little wheelgun. I have a friend who bought one and it does have one of the best out of the box double action triggers I have dealt with. I believe Colt still uses the old wishbone mainspring, it makes them smooth but doesn't last as long as other makers. Wolff makes a much longer lasting mainspring for the Colt. Have fun with it.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Nice.
    but.......
    Have you sourced ammo for that thing?
    $KA-CHING!
    $63 a box haggled down to $60 at a lgs that was looking to part with it..... it was painful and the worst part is is that it is hornady. 300gr DGS (solids)

I bought 8 boxes but I figured I will have enough brass to last me for awhile. My intention is to work up a load to take to Africa (next trip, not this spring) for cape buffalo so I have a year or two to get that accomplished

I did shoot two rounds of the 300 solids into a very large pecan tree stump. They went clear through and out the other end. Absolutely incredible. I am bringing it to whenever the next meetup is. Everyones gotta try it out. Its like a 12ga slug on meth and roids at the same time

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Flash gave a post on here a couple years ago where he talked about helicoptering a hog he head shot w 458 SOCOM. I bet yours would take it smooth off. .

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I shot one of those ruger Alaskans years ago chambered for the 460 wtby magnum. Only gun I never wanted to shoot again... I'm very intrigued by the 375 ruger though but can't seem to justify adding one to the collection.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I shot one of those ruger Alaskans years ago chambered for the 460 wtby magnum. Only gun I never wanted to shoot again... I'm very intrigued by the 375 ruger though but can't seem to justify adding one to the collection.

I believe the 460 weatherby is typically around 90-100 ftlbs of recoil

The 375 is about 45. I shot it with and without the brake. No worse than a 3 or 3.5" 12ga turkey load or heavy slug

This rifle is 8.1 pounds. I am shopping for a heavier stock and one that fits my LOP to help out with that recoil.

IDK who American rifle makers consult for coming up with their stock rifle LOPs. Must be the damn lollipop guild

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    I believe the 460 weatherby is typically around 90-100 ftlbs of recoil

The 375 is about 45. I shot it with and without the brake. No worse than a 3 or 3.5" 12ga turkey load or heavy slug

This rifle is 8.1 pounds. I am shopping for a heavier stock and one that fits my LOP to help out with that recoil.

IDK who American rifle makers consult for coming up with their stock rifle LOPs. Must be the damn lollipop guild
    It's easier to adjust to a shorter lop than A longer one. That said I heard once that "std" was like 13 or 13.5" because that was average lop for an adult male.

Top Bottom