• ...and so much more!
  • Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Made a trade today and this one followed me home. I had a original grip and red ramp front sight for it already. Admittedly Ruger double action triggers are much better than they use to be. I believe I still have a shim kit for a GP100 around as well. Maybe it will stop raining long enough to shoot soon.
    PXL_20230210_234943337.jpg

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Made a trade today and this one followed me home. I had a original grip and red ramp front sight for it already. Admittedly Ruger double action triggers are much better than they use to be. I believe I still have a shim kit for a GP100 around as well. Maybe it will stop raining long enough to shoot soon. View attachment 371806
    Nice buy. A rosewood insert GP100 was the first centerfire handgun my dad let me shoot when I was a kid. I'll always have a soft spot for it even though I prefer Smiths.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Nice buy. A rosewood insert GP100 was the first centerfire handgun my dad let me shoot when I was a kid. I'll always have a soft spot for it even though I prefer Smiths.
    I prefer Smiths as well, but I am not a fan of the newer ones with the locks. I have owned Ruger off and on thru the years. The SP 101 doesn't work for me but I do like the GP 100s. I also have a blued 2.5" GP100 with the compact grip.
    PXL_20221223_165034612.jpg

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Almost. At the Greenville Gun Show 1873 trapdoor 45-75. Almost correct, good cartouche, very good bore. Only thing missing, the cleaning rod. Price came down when I put it back on the rack. A nice young man that had been listening over my shoulder said, ya gonna buy it?. Said not sure, why you want it. Oh yes. I stepped aside and let him buy his first antique. I did get very nice holster for the 1858 Remmington.

Last edited:

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Just traded a scope I didn’t need for a maverick 88 shotgun. It’s the 18.5 barrel 5+1
    12 gauge model.
    I now have 2 maverick 88 shotguns. I will be looking for the longer barrel for this one soon.
    What barrel would you be wanting? I have multiple 500/88 barrels.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I have a stainless one that I took apart to polish the internals and spent a month putting Tung oil on the stock. I also replaced that God awful Buckhorn sight with a peep sight. Fun little score you picked up.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have a stainless one that I took apart to polish the internals and spent a month putting Tung oil on the stock. I also replaced that God awful Buckhorn sight with a peep sight. Fun little score you picked up.

Sitting here playing with the new 92. I've just slathered some grease in the rails of the bolt and started cycling the beejabbers out of it. It's slicking up nicely.
    I did order the safety delete button and stainless follower from Steve's Gunz, Will change them out once the parts arrive.
    Reviews are mostly positive on the TuBes. My main worry was it wouldn't cycle .44 Specials. It seems to do great with .44Special snap caps. Haven't tried live rounds yet.
    Nice, handy, little carbine. It makes the Moonpie a happy panda.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Sitting here playing with the new 92. I've just slathered some grease in the rails of the bolt and started cycling the beejabbers out of it. It's slicking up nicely.
    I did order the safety delete button and stainless follower from Steve's Gunz, Will change them out once the parts arrive.
    Reviews are mostly positive on the TuBes. My main worry was it wouldn't cycle .44 Specials. It seems to do great with .44Special snap caps. Haven't tried live rounds yet.
    Nice, handy, little carbine. It makes the Moonpie a happy panda.

I fired mine recently, cycles and loads 44 special just fine. At 50 the specials shoot high compared to a hand loaded 44 mag 240 xtp.

Don’t have a chronograph so I can’t say how fast the bullets are flying.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I also have a stainless Rossi 92 in 357. If I'm not using 158gr 38 special it will sometimes double feed or just toss the next round out with the ejected case. As long as you load your specials a bit long in OAL it should be just fine.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ….and I can’t even manage to win $1 on a lottery scratch off ticket
    Last week my sister was really down in the dumps so I bought her a scratch ticket as an impromptu present. My memory is terrible. It was my mother who liked scratch tickets; my sis never has. Well, at least Linda Gale appreciated the effort on my part.

Especially when she scratched the ticket and won $200. :)

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    When Daddy was alive every time I would go see them I would take him scratch offs.
    I had seldom won any on them, he usually won on the ones I bought.
    I don't remember the last time I bought one.

Top Bottom