Venture Surplus ad

What gun did you Enjoy shooting over the last few days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    My VZ-58 and one of my PTR-91s (A3SK) was at the private club yesterday.

Targets for the PTR were some clay pigeons on a 50-yard berm. It's a clone of the HK-91, for the most part. Remember Val Kilmer with his original (100% German) 91 on the roof in Heat? This short segment is on Youtube.

For the Czechpoint VZ (Not an AK, --Not a variation--....but similar sights and gun profile): an empty juice bottle threaded (two small holes punched in) with kite string so it wouldn't bounce far from the stick on which the string was knotted.

I've never owned any gun scope, not even a red or green dot. Age 67.

2:04 Val Kilmer begins with his HK-91. At 4:55 this skilled gent gets ready for the PTR-91's iron sights.-------- :cool::m16:
    Be aware that some PTR-91s have 16", others 18" barrels.

The "Classic GI" (seen in video) has no rail, and for a scope a Claw Mount (Never overtighten on these Stamped Receivers!) must be carefully added, and Also requires a high cheek rest to be installed on the butt stock.

1) These European ladies (above: Swedish) were able to handle the G-3's semi-auto recoil. Average American men should be able to also ?

2) This pretty Lithuanian gal (below) handled it.

3) Below, at 10:19 pretty Sofi (an expert on tanks) shoots a select-fire, 'real' G3--In select-fire. Jesse is an armorer with H&K.

Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    AUG
    IMG_20230106_151858.jpg

Trigger sucks. But its been accurate and reliable. The VCOG is heavy, but it's got got great glass

reddog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    Terlingua
    My M 1 Garand, I built it a few years ago and it is a tack driver. A couple of friends were shooting with me and it always brings out the big grins when I pull it out of the truck.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Haven't been shooting in the last few days, but my most constant range companion has been the Girsan Regard MC (Beretta M9A1 clone). It shoots as well as every Beretta I've shot before, and better than quite a few of them.....for about $200 less. Definitely worth it.

Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    We don't have many feral pigs in west TN. That's the only kind of hunting which would ever interest me.

But even if we had as many pigs as you have in south Texas, one would either need to have a landowner's permission in TN, or pay about $3,000 for a chartered " heli " pig hunt, as seen in many videos over Texas farmland using the small Robinson ( with recip engines - Not a Very pricey turboshaft, ie Bell models).

We have none of this in our area. My PTR-91 in .308 ( HK clone) with the factory rail could tear them up.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Has to be my Howa mini-action in 6.5 Grendel. Been playing with different loads. Found one that stacked them.

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    Rossi Matched Pair single shot .22lr barrel with another barrel in .410.

I got this thing for my great grand sons but I've decided that I better do a whole lot more testing with it first

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    My VZ-58 and one of my PTR-91s (A3SK) was at the private club yesterday.

Targets for the PTR were some clay pigeons on a 50-yard berm. It's a clone of the HK-91, for the most part. Remember Val Kilmer with his original (100% German) 91 on the roof in Heat? This short segment is on Youtube.

For the Czechpoint VZ (Not an AK, --Not a variation--....but similar sights and gun profile): an empty juice bottle threaded (two small holes punched in) with kite string so it wouldn't bounce far from the stick on which the string was knotted.

I've never owned any gun scope, not even a red or green dot. Age 67.

2:04 Val Kilmer begins with his HK-91. At 4:55 this skilled gent gets ready for the PTR-91's iron sights.-------- :cool::m16:
    Be aware that some PTR-91s have 16", others 18" barrels.

The "Classic GI" (seen in video) has no rail, and for a scope a Claw Mount (Never overtighten on these Stamped Receivers!) must be carefully added, and Also requires a high cheek rest to be installed on the butt stock.

1) These European ladies (above: Swedish) were able to handle the G-3's semi-auto recoil. Average American men should be able to also ?

2) This pretty Lithuanian gal (below) handled it.

3) Below, at 10:19 pretty Sofi (an expert on tanks) shoots a select-fire, 'real' G3--In select-fire. Jesse is an armorer with H&K.

This gal is totally hot. I just wish she was shooting that thing in a bikini.

Top Bottom