Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... I got ... Recoil magazine. Not bad.
    Recently there have been a couple of new "upscale lifestyle" mags with firearms as a unifying theme, sort of lower-rent versions of The Robb Report with guns.

What's the name of the other one? Anybody remember?
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Gun test magazine is the only subscription I have.
    That's the best magazine, ever, at what it does. I always let my subscriptions lapse, though, because I feel like they just don't do enough tests. Sometimes a year will go by with just one or two tests that hold any interest for me at all.

However, subscribing and reading all their back issues online is something everyone should do at least once.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I bought subscriptions to Guns and Ammo and Shooting Times last year. I will probably let them lapse.

I will keep the American Rifleman coming tho, with my continued support of the NRA.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    Other than the American Rifleman and TSRA Journal that come with memberships, I no longer subscribe or purchase any of the others. The content always seemed to be just puff-pieces for the latest and greatest gadget.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I still get American Handgunner and Shotgun News (now an actual semi-informative magazine along with a sort of catalog), along with the (lifetime supply) of TSRA, Front Sight, and NRA (three different but amazingly the same NRA magazines at that; mine, my wife's, and my company copy).

Guns and Ammo fostered and supported the raging anti-2nd Amendment (and complete ass in person) Dick Metcalf. Would not use it as ersatz toilet paper, much less read it.

That said, the entire Remington '51 debacle clearly demonstrates the completely "bought and paid for" nature of the shills and charlatans in the "gun writer" business. Also known as the "give me free shit and I will love you long time" hack writers.

Gun magazines are pretty pictures and colorful lies, cloaked in incompetence and deceit. Much like most auto magazines, but that is another rant...

Top Bottom