• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I rebarreled a 10 FCP-HS to 6.5CM using a Shilen stainless select match barrel last year. The process was straight forward with the proper tools. This reminds me that I need to list the takeoff .308 barrel on eBay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I probably asked before, but where did you get the Criterion barrel from Orbitup? I got my 6.5 Grendel barrel from Precision Firearms. Had to wait a long time, but Mark Hostetter & their crew are good, good people. I get the impression that they're a small shop, but they know what they're doing. One of the few places I'd go to for a precision AR or parts.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I probably asked before, but where did you get the Criterion barrel from Orbitup? I got my 6.5 Grendel barrel from Precision Firearms. Had to wait a long time, but Mark Hostetter & their crew are good, good people. I get the impression that they're a small shop, but they know what they're doing. One of the few places I'd go to for a precision AR or parts.
    Northland Shooter's Supply is the only place to get Criterian barrels. I've been getting my AR barrels from Ballistic Advantage. I'll check out PF when I'm ready for a 20" 223 Wylde barrel.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Orbitup: Did you go with a 6.5 Creedmoor? I've been thinking I'll go 6.5 CM but maybe 6 CM. Whatever I switch is out for, got either MDT TAC21 stock or LSS XL stock that I picked up cheap during MDT's Black Friday deals.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Northland Shooter's Supply is the only place to get Criterian barrels. I've been getting my AR barrels from Ballistic Advantage. I'll check out PF when I'm ready for a 20" 223 Wylde barrel.

Check out AR15 Performance. Another small shop that turns out great barrels. I got them in .223 Wylde, 6.8, TAC 6 (6.8 Wildcat), 270AR (6.8 Wildcat), 6.5 CM and .308. They al shoot .5 MOA if I skip the coffee on my way to the range.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Picked up my new (used) Sightmark sm18008 IR night vision scope today. I will try and get it mounted to my new (used) Bushmaster ORC 308 this week. Sighting in can take place next weekend at the range. Ordered a new Magpul ACS carbine stock and pistol grip with oil bottle storage. Ordered a Bog-Pod RLD-3 shooting sticks from Midway as well. Watch out hogs!

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for the range, my olight pl mini came in, rocket connector for my 19. Holster for my P9, 1000 rds 9mm, 25 more HST, 2 mags, Pearce grip extension and a Glock tool. I shouldn’t be allowed in a gun store on payday.

I think my quest for the perfect trigger is over. The rocket from ghost inc gets rid of the bump in the Glock trigger. It’s a 3.5 connector, and it’s a rolling break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Got myself a Hornady M-1 Tumbler today. On my second batch of 9mm brass right now. I'm gonna have to shoot more as I'm running out of brass to clean.
    Lol. Been there, done that. Having a good progressive press runs you out of brass quick. That's a good thing!!!

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Built an AR last week, and lost a couple items that rocketed into God only knows where by the Springs. Fortunately I had an extra set of parts that allowed me to finish.

So I ordered a bunch of AR parts from Primary Arms on Tuesday. I got them in Today's mail. Dang that was fast.

66dbe3d8b8e7cc49ec6f75b3ebfe26a2.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Placed an order with Precision Reloading and used a Black Friday discount.

Everything showed up pretty quickly but two MTM ammo cases were damaged in shipping.

Sent them an email and picture and they shipped me replacements the same day. No muss, no fuss, just got them out the door.

Pretty happy with that kind of CS. They just got here today.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I built an AR last week using an Anderson lower parts kit, and the hammer had an issue. I could not get the pin through it. Emailed Anderson last Friday, and they sent me a replacement hammer today in the mail.

Top Bottom