• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just a follow-up on that Armasight Contractor Thermal I bought.

I LOVE IT!

Maybe I had forgotten how much of a game changer a thermal could be, but this exceeded my expectations. The details that can be seen at night are just incredible! I could make out power lines a half mile away in the dark.
    When it arrived I had to turn down the brightness a couple clicks, it was a bit hard on my eye. other than that, I have been familiarizing myself with all the features, so there have been many "OH COOL!" moments.

I was afraid that I would be kicking myself for spending so much on my salary, but right now I'm wondering how I got something like this so cheap.

1111231120.jpg
    1111231118.jpg

I put it on one of my rifles just to see how it looked:
    1111231116a.jpg

The soft case it came in can be used as a cover while on a rifle:
    1111231116.jpg

While I won't go so far as to say it's the best, I'm not spending 10's of thousands to compare. I am extremely happy with this one.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Didn’t buy but won on an instagram giveaway a box of random stuff.

Reptilia AR grip

Stream light tlr 6 light/lazer for sub glocks, which I don’t need so I’ll have to ask Moonpie if he’s interested.

Clenzoil cleaning kit
    Gunbutter pen oiler
    Amend2 sharpie looking stabby tool
    A bunch of stickers

And a $200 certificate to hunters gold eyewear. Expires December 30th. I probably won’t use that either since it only covers about half the cost.

Not bad for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Four boxes (all the Remington site would let me order) of Remington High Performance Rifle 308 WIN, 180 grains, product number R21473 and six boxes of Remington Core Lokt, 180 grain soft point. Each these were $21.59 per box with free shipping and before tax; tax was $16.20 . Got them at that price because I am a member of ExpertVoice.com and took the four very brief Remington courses and tests..Took less than 10 minutes.

I am on their notification list for when 35 REM is back in stock. I think the price on that with the ExpertVoice 40% discount was $31.99! If that comes back in stock soon, I probably will buy at least 200 rds of it.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Bought my daughter's Christmas present today, one of them anyway, It's a case of New Republic 9mm, 115 grain FMJ, target ammo. Decent price too - the regular price is $239,80 plus tax and add a few bucks for insurance if you want it, shipping is free. I am in their ammo club so got an 8% discount on the ammo prices so I paid as follows:

SubTotal:$220.62
    Shipping Insurance:$3.42
    Discreet Overbox Packaging
    Shipping:FREE SHIPPING
    NY State Tax:$19.03
    Total:$243.07

That is less than I would pay for the same thing if having them ship it to me in AR where sales tax is higher than NY. My daughter lives in NY and luckily does not have to go through an FFL but can have ammo shipped directly to her as she is a probation officer. Otherwise she'd have to have it ship to an FFL, then pay them a fee and also pay NY State a fee to run a background check. The firearms/ammo related laws up there are stifling.

I recently got her the same ammo and she is happy with it, Went bang every time. Brass cased, boxer primed, She asked Santa for more. I figured I'd get it now, because ammo prices may go up due to all these wars going on now and if they get bigger the majority of manufacturers in the U.S. may cut back on most calibers and produce most of what they make for the government. That will hurt the entire ammo market if it happens. So just trying to be frugal by getting it now just in case.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Bought my one of daughter's Christmas presents today, a case of New Republic 9mm, 115 grain FMJ, target ammo. Decent price too - the regular price is $239,80 plus tax and add a few bucks for insurance if you want it, shipping is free. I am in their ammo club so got an 8% discount on the ammo prices so I paid as follows:

That is less than I would pay for the same thing if having them ship it to me in AR where sales tax is higher than NY. My daughter lives in NY and luckily does not have to go through an FFL but can have ammo shipped directly to her as she is a probation officer. Otherwise she'd have to have it ship to an FFL, then pay them a fee and also pay NY State a fee to run a background check. The firearms/ammo related laws up there are stifling.

NYs laws are insane man. I can’t believe they let things get so far. At least you can ship it straight to her though and at a good price. The cheapest price I’ve found right now on a case is $225 shipped from an outfit here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Bought my daughter's Christmas present today, one of them anyway, It's a case of New Republic 9mm, 115 grain FMJ, target ammo. Decent price too - the regular price is $239,80 plus tax and add a few bucks for insurance if you want it, shipping is free. I am in their ammo club so got an 8% discount on the ammo prices so I paid as follows:

I recently got her the same ammo and she is happy with it, Went bang every time. Brass cased, boxer primed, She asked Santa for more. I figured I'd get it now, because ammo prices may go up due to all these wars going on now and if they get bigger the majority of manufacturers in the U.S. may cut back on most calibers and produce most of what they make for the government. That will hurt the entire ammo market if it happens. So just trying to be frugal by getting it now just in case.
    Dad?

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I removed the flash hider and found the barrel crown damaged. For a 50yard 22lr, would this be worth the hassle of an rma? I was planning to go shoot tommorow and see how it groups, but the weather looks iffy.
    20231119_183423.jpg
    20231119_183359.jpg

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I removed the flash hider and found the barrel crown damaged. For a 50yard 22lr, would this be worth the hassle of an rma? I was planning to go shoot tommorow and see how it groups, but the weather looks iffy.
    View attachment 416222 View attachment 416223

That won't hurt a thing as far as accuracy goes where that damage is. You could even recrown that barrel yourself or pay a smith to do it if it bothered you enough. I would still get an RMA though as you didn't pay your hard earned money for a second rate product.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    The start of the pile for my M&P 15-22 extreme makeover.:green: Also ordered a Volquartsen carbon fiber precision barrel and a few more goodies specific to the M&P 15-22. Looking around at triggers now, and there will be a full Cerakote camo job once I figure out what I want. Should be a fun project.

TNCbZiT.jpg

Top Bottom