• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Same. I'm pretty indifferent whether I run my 4x acog or my 1-8 PA acss at the run-and-gun matches. Acog is lighter the 1-8 does allow me to spot LR misses easier... for the size targets, both work really well.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Yeah, horses for courses. I’m partial to the ACOG for human-sized targets; your use case a 1-8x is probably a better choice.

TxRiverman

Lord Master and Commander
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2023
    Central Texas
    arca ball mount to convert my bog death grip to a Arca mount, 2 7" Arca rails, 12 boxs ammo ( 6.5CM, .308, 6.5 Grendel) 3 magpul .308 mags

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I fully admit that this is getting out of hand.

IMG_20231128_151352.jpg

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    More goodies for the M&P 15-22 build. Got some Slate Black grip panels, Magpul Miad grip and Next Level Arms ambi charge handle.

Photos don't do it justice, all aluminum and nice grip area for one fingered charging.
    qfiZ9u8.jpg

OhZbWhz.jpg

sW8mlwn.jpg

Also forgot to mention these flip up scope caps from Monstrum, these are better than Butler Creek or Vortex for half the cost. Got them on Amazon, I'm impressed. Make sure you measure the o.d. of your objectives correctly, lots of reviews complaining about incorrect size all due to the user measuring incorrectly. These fit like a glove on my Vortex scope.

GYGo2YW.jpg

I ordered one with a screw in glint filter.
    BJz4BmB.jpg

I was going to wait until after the holidays to start on this project when I'll have more time, couldn't help myself though and had to do a little tinkering with fitting the hand guard and barrel.

I made the required cut of for a standard free float AR hand guard to fit the M&P 15-22. Just measured and then scribed the marks into the hand guard. Cut in the corners with a death wheel and dremeled out the bulk and hand file cleanup. I'll be Cerakoting the whole gun so not concerned about the finish.
    5MXmk7p.jpg

With the carbon barrel this thing is crazy light. Equipped with a suppressor this would be a serious contender for a SHTF rifle. You could carry thousands of rounds of 22lr and not be over burdened.
    f5uqWpt.jpg

The carbon looks really sharp.
    Z04Odqk.jpg

rz2134

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2023
    DFW
    I had mp 22 it just felt weird been so light.. sold it to my brother and got a "Hk" version. Can't imagine even lighter

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    I had mp 22 it just felt weird been so light.. sold it to my brother and got a "Hk" version. Can't imagine even lighter

Yeah the light weight does take some getting used to. The aluminum free float handguard and grip panels really changed the feel though, I think the original polymer hand guard was a weak link. I plan on adding an SLR Rifle works hand stop to it as well and a 2.1 pound CMC trigger, that should really kick it up a notch. It was already accurate with the steel barrel I can't wait to see how the Volquartsen match barrel does.

cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    150 rounds of Fiocchi 45 ACP police trade in. $13.49 a box. Two boxes came with the plastic carrier broken, but the ammo was fine. Transferred it to an MTM ammo case. Vacuum sealed it for storage, as I do with all my ammo. Well, except for the loaded mags.

View attachment 151609 IMG_2236
    You know that isn't necessary, unless you live on a houseboat, right?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    My son's birthday is coming up soon. A few weeks ago, I won a rifle or should say the ticket I bought for my son was the winning ticket so he won it. I'll be damned if I can recall the make and model but it's a bolt action in 7.62x39. Won it at the Murphy's Promotions gun show in Texarkana, AR. Third one he and I have won, or maybe the fourth since 2019. Anyway, he asked me about what type of scope to get for it. That decided me on his b'day gift. So a couple of days ago, I ordered a Vortex Optics: Diamondback Tactical FFP 4-16x44 EBR-2C (MOA) at 50% off the MSRP of $499.99. It came out to $249.99 for the scope itself with a bottom line of $279.36 including: tax and a $3.75 transaction fee from ExpertVoice.com. Shipping was free. That was a very good deal as far as I can tell; I have seen it for sale on several sites for $399.99 plus tax & shipping. It was ordered through ExpertVoice but they are like a middle man and it actually shipped directly from Vortex Optics. Comes with the usual Vortex Optics warranty.

Of course I forgot to order something and that would be a set of rings for it. I guess I'll order them from Vortex Optics the next time I go shopping at Expert Voice. My son is going to visit me in a couple of weeks or less and I'll give it to him then. If I have the rings by then, I'll mount the scope onto the rifle for him.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    A few weeks ago, I won a rifle or should say the ticket I bought for my son was the winning ticket so he won it.

So did you make him fill out a BOS or does this thought process bypass the need?

I know how you're a stickler for self registration of firearms so I just want to be sure you can sleep well at night.

Top Bottom